Fashion Technology - Vision & Mission
Vision of the Department:
The School of Garment and Fashion Technology is recognized as a premier fashion school in India which focuses on creating globally-competitive graduates for the garment industry through a strong emphasis on holistic education and training, high-quality research, industrial linkages and social responsibility initiatives.
Mission of the Department:
- To offer a broad range of career-based programmes with up-to-date infrastructure and highly-qualified and dedicated staff-members, to students coming from the Higher Secondary School and Diploma streams.
- To implement a comprehensive, autonomously-driven curriculum and evaluation system and ensure that its graduates are in exclusive demand in India and globally, for their exemplary technical and professional competencies, and also for their capability to take up higher education programmes.
- To encourage active research and the spirit of innovation among its faculty and students and promote collaborative initiatives with industry and institutions of high standing.
- To offer need-based and customised continuing education and training courses to the community at large and participate actively in social responsibility initiatives through MOUs with corporate organisations.
- To respect and demonstrate the core values of equity, teamwork, environment-friendliness and transparency.