International Affairs & Admission Cell
(Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian origin / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries / Scholarship Programmme for Diaspora Children)
B.E. Degree Programmes
I year B.E. Degree Programmes
| FN / PIO / Children of Indian workers in gulf countries
|| 50% each in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
| Candidate should have studied in English Medium / as one of the subjects in the qualifying Exam
- For admission to B.E./B.Tech. courses, candidates to have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian Education). Must have studied and obtained a pass with Good Grades as per their systems of education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as one of their subjects in the qualifying examination.
The following qualifications are considered equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian Education.
- GCE Examination of U.K. with pass grades in five subjects at the Ordinary Level (O level) and two subjects at the Advanced Level (A Level).
- Higher School Certificate Examination, University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, U.K.
- International Baccalaureate Examination of Geneva. High School Graduation from accredited institutions of USA.
- 12 Years High School Diploma of China.
- 12 Years High School Graduation Diploma of International School, Bangkok / Grade 12 Examination of Ruam Rudee International School, Bangkok / 12 Years High School Diploma of Adventist English School, Bangkok / Mathayom VIII, Final Examination of Upper Secondary Education Course; Final Examination of Secondary Education Course; Mathayom Suksa, 5 Pre-University Final Examination (12 Year Course) of Ministry of Education, Thailand.
- 12 Years High School Graduation Diploma of Myanmar.
- 12 Years High School Graduation Diploma of Syria.
- 12 Years of Secondary Stage qualifications of National Examination Board / Council of Ministries of Education of Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Ethiopian School Leaving Certificate (12 Years Course), Ministry of Education & Fine Arts, Ethiopia.
- 12 Years General Secondary School Certificate of Ministry of Education, Sultanate of Oman and Yemen.
- SMA/SLTA/Senior High School/Secondary School Advanced stage exams of Indonesia.
- Intermediate Science Course, Kathmandu University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary / 12 Years High School Diploma / Certificate Level examination of the approved Board / Council of Secondary Education in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE and other Gulf Countries.
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) of Ministry of Education, Malaysia / Matriculation Science Course of National University of Malaysia / 12 years Matriculation Science Certificate of University of Malaya & University of Science, Malaysia.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree Programme
A pass in any Bachelor’s Degree in the main branch of study from a recognized university.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Degree Programme
Any Bachelors degree of minimum 3 year duration in any discipline with Mathematics* at 10+2 level
* Mathematics includes Statistics/ Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics/ Numerical Methods/ Quantitative Techniques/ Basic Mathematics/ Mathematical Foundation/ Discrete Maths/ Computer Oriented Numerical Methods/ and Statistical Methods/ Mathematics for Management/ Algebra and Calculus/ Operation Research.
i) Selection Procedure
The selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will do selection of the candidates under this scheme. The selection is purely provisional and always subject to the confirmation from the Anna University, Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), New Delhi.
Since the medium of instruction is ENGLISH in Sona College of Technology only those candidates who have studied the subjects in the English Language medium / English as one of the subject in the qualifying degree alone will generally be considered for admissions or the student is intended to undergo English Language course in the campus for at least six months before the commencement of the course.
ii) Mode of selection
Selection Committee will scrutinize the applications received based on eligibility criteria and intimate the applicants.
iii) Documents Required
The following documents are required along with application*.
- Copy of mark sheets
- Copy of syllabus of qualifying examinations
- Copy of Transfer/Migration certificate
- Passport and visa copy / Copy of Citizenship card (for Nepal & Bhutan students only)
- Provisional eligibility certificate (PEC) from Anna University, Chennai, India (Annexure I)
- Equivalence certificate from Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai, India
- Undertaking to be furnished in the Prescribed Form
- Passpost size photo – 6 copies
*Documents (ii) & (iii) not required first year B.E./ B.Tech. candidates
*Documents (vii) & (viii) may be arranged by the college.
The originals of the above mentioned certificates must be surrendered to the college office at the time of admission for verification by Anna University of Technology.
Candidates who are admitted under this scheme must obtain valid student visa issued by Indian missions abroad.
Candidates offered admission by our institute have to submit a medical fitness certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure II).
Payment of Tuition Fee
On receipt of the admission letter the candidate has to pay the prescribed fee as indicated in the admission letter.
Hostel / Residential Accommodations
Hostel accommodation is available inside the campus. Interested Candidates may apply to the Overseas Admissions Coordinator / Deputy Warden of SCT Hostel for accommodation. They have to pay the prescribed fee as per hostel rules. Separate blocks in the existing hostels are available for foreign students. The hostel mess (vegetarian) is run on dividing system.
v) Calander for Admission (UG, PG)
| Date of issue of application
| Date of commencement of Academic session
- Normally, the academic session begins by July / August every year. Candidates selected for admission are required to report to the Institute by the scheduled date mentioned in the letter of admission, pay the fees and take up admission. If the candidate fails to do so, the offer of admission may be withdrawn .
vi) Admission withdrawal (UG, PG)
- Policy of refund
before approval - full fee refund
after approval - approval fee and tuition fee for number of days attended will be deducted.