The center started in the year 2005 with name VLSIComm.
The main objectives of the center are twofold
- To design, develop and realize the intelligent electronics circuit systems, FPGA based VLSI Design and embedded systems for industrial applications
- To develop and implement modern time high speed communication technologies such as RF, satellite, optical communications, patch / strip antenna and coding for deep space communication.
- To achieve excellence in the area of FPGA based VLSI design for circuits, systems and modern high performance communications technology embedding artificial intelligence and IOT to create smart electronic solutions for the engineering problems.
- To design, develop and realize intelligent electronics circuit and systems for industrial applications
- To develop modern ultra-high performance communication technologies for high speed data communications, sensor networks and IOT
- To design, simulate and fabricate RF patch / strip antenna for compact and portable applications
- Developing codes for deep space communication, secured and fast data transfers.
- To program configure FPGA based prototype models using embedded principles for electronic circuits at par with performance of ASIC circuit.
- Apply new principles for the frontier research areas of defense, agriculture, smart cities, energy optimization, IC integration with human body and artificial intelligence.