Facilities - Centre For Social Responsibility Initiatives
To empower the under-privileged and the socially disadvantaged sectors of the community by offering Training and Development in Employability Skills and Entrepreneurship Initiatives with the participation of the community and in collaboration with the Government and Corporate.
1. To create awareness among the under-privileged and the socially disadvantaged regarding social responsibility and livelihood promotion through Vocational skill development.
2. To organize Training and development Programmes to improve the employability skills of the target group in the following demand-driven Sectors:
- Garment Making
- Art and Craft
- Beauty Culture & Hair Dressing
- Information and Communication Technology
- Electrical and Electronics
- Renewable Energy
- Production and Manufacturing
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Soft and Entrepreneurship Skills
- House Keeping
3. To offer Strategic Supports in Vocational Education
- Up gradation of Industrial Training Institutes (ITI)
- Involved in the up-gradation of the following Government Industrial Training Institutes under Private - Public - Partnership mode
1. Industrial Training Institute for Women, Salem
2. Industrial Training Institute, Mettur Dam
*National Award for best performing ITI under PPP Mode in india
Vocational Stream Programmes of Rural School
- Involved in creating awareness of the skill development initiatives and Career Guidance for the benefit of rural students.
4. To serve as Training and Resource Centre for imparting Employability Skills for the Departments of Training and Employment Central and State Governments.
- Corporate involved in Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Salem Steel Plant, Salem.
(State level Best CSR AWARD)
- JSW Steel Limited, Salem Works, Pottaneri, Salem.
- TITAN, Hosur Division, Hosur.
- SAIL Refractory Company (SRC), Salem.
- Ministries and Social Welfare Departments under State and Central Governments
- District Rural Development Agency, Salem.
- District Industries Centre, Salem.
- Department of Differently abled Welfare, Salem.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Salem.
- Tamilnadu Corporation for Development of Women, Salem.
- Vazhnthu Kattuvom (A World Bank Project of Empowerment and Poverty Alleviation) Salem
- Slum Clearance Board, Salem Unit
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India
- Swarna Jayanthi Sahari Rozgar Yojana (SJSRY) scheme Under Salem City Municipal Corporation, Salem.
- Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India
- Identified Vocational Training Provider – under the Modular Employable Skills scheme implemented by the Director General of Employment and Training, Govt. of India.
5. To initiate Science and Technological Intervention for rural development by utilizing the resources of the college and like minded organizations for the benefit of the rural masses.
- Adopted a village to promote a modular village for holistic development is under process.
CENTRE FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY INITIATIVES,
Sona College of Technology,
Ph. 91-427- 4099843
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org