SONA Centre for Photonics and Nano Technology (SONAPAN)
The Centre for Photonics and Nanotechnology (SONA PAN) was inaugurated on 4th January 2010. The SONA PAN is one of the Research & Development centres in India’s leading technical education institution of Sona College of Technology. This centre has state-of-the-art nano-fabrication and characterization techniques to enable the development of cutting-edge nanoscale technologies for various photonic device applications, including next-generation solar cells, light emitting sources, display devices and sensors.
- Development of novel and ground-breaking sophisticated photonic devices with a thorough grasp of science and nanotechnology in Sona College of Technology
- Development of innovative and advanced photonic devices with revolutionary ideas in science and nanotechnology at Sona College of Technology.
- Establishment of global collaborative research involving scientists and industries
- Development of novel materials with new characteristics
- To fabricate low-cost, high-efficiency next-generation solar cells
- Green synthesis of metal/metal oxide nanomaterials for solar cell and biological applications
- Development of phosphor-converted light emitting sources for indoor plant cultivation
- Fabrication of smart panels for fertilizer-free farming in outdoor sunlight
- Development of spectral converters to enhance the efficiency of solar cells
- Fabrication of stimuli-responsive luminescent materials for sensors
- Development of pressure-driven luminescent materials for lighting and displays
- Development of luminescent nanomaterials for anti-counterfeiting applications
- Development of nonlinear optical materials for optical switches and limiters.