Academics - Student Affairs
The Dean of Student affairs is committed to ensure that all students are positively utilizing their time at Sona College of Technology by providing support to undergraduate and graduate students regarding issues concerning student life. The Dean is the fundamental link between students; students support service, faculty and the administration of the college and work with students across all years and Societies to explore ways to enhance or address aspects of the student’s experience, from education to student life to career planning, and works with students to develop innovative solutions to issues and concerns.
The Dean also ensures to create a climate which promotes personal and academic development of students by offering them support and strive to help students whilst they are at Sona, through a range of support services, programs, and activities to enhance the student experience and also help them to take full advantage of the academic and social environment here.
The Dean of Student Affairs shall be responsible for:
- Counseling and holistic development of students,
- Synchronizing with the institution to create new ways to enhance the student life quality,
- Ensuring the orderly organization of student activities within the college,
- Working with student groups and the Sports Directorate to develop extra-curricular programmes activities of the colleges / universities,
- Coordinating with the groups to encourage student participation in the activities that promote their personal growth and development,
- Developing the student culture, that encourages the exercise of leadership respect for diversity, traditions of the college, and responsibility for personal actions,
- Ensuring that any disciplinary actions imposed on any student by the recognized authority of the college are compiled with
- Bridging the gap between the students and administration for the management of student academics and personal issues.
Professor & HOD
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
91 - 427 - 4099711