Facilities - Youth Red Cross (YRC)
Sona Youth Red Cross contributed in its immense service in the neighboring societies. It comprises of 120 volunteers who lend their hands for the social activities. Even through the hardships they contribute their helping hands in building the new enduring world.
They contributed in representing the INDIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY which has done many encouraging tasks around the nation.
It has an well-defined objectives as
- Protection of Health and life.
- Service to the sick and suffering by organizing
- Various health camps such as Eye camps, Vaccination camps.
- Health awareness Programmes
The Mission of the Indian Red Cross Society is to prevent and alleviate suffering with complete impartiality, making no discrimination as to nationality, race, sex, religious beliefs, language, class or political opinions. For this purpose, its task is in particular:
- To contribute to the improvement of health, the prevention of disease and maternity and child care in the community.
- To educate the population on how to prepare for and respond to disasters;
- To organize emergency relief services for the victims of disasters and mitigation of their suffering;
- To promote the participation of children and youth in the work of the Red Cross;
- To promote the Fundamental Principles of the Movement and the International Humanitarian Law in order to inculcate humanitarian ideals among the population, and in particular among children and youth;
- To recruit, train and develop volunteers/personnel as necessary for undertaking humanitarian responsibilities;
- To serve the community within its jurisdiction, the state branch may initiate activities to address local needs and priorities as approved by the Managing Body of the branch; and
- To ensure correct use of the Red Cross emblem, to maintain its protective value
YRC is a part of the Indian Red Cross Society, which was inaugurated in our college as a part of our student activity on August, 2003.Youth Red Cross & Red Ribbon Club has been putting efforts to create awareness to citizen in and around college about plastic usage and its hazard. Our club integrated with college level activities in and around college.
Seven Fundamental Principles of Red Cross
- Humanity: The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors, in its international and national capacity, to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being. It promotes mutual understanding, friendship, cooperation and lasting peace amongst all peoples.
- Impartiality: It makes no discrimination as to nationally, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions. It endeavors to relieve the suffering of individuals, being solely by their needs, and to give priority to the most urgent cases of distress.
- Neutrality: In orders to enjoy the confidence of all, the Movement may not take sides in hostilities or engage in controversies of a political, racial, religious or ideological nature.
- Independence: The Movement is independent. The National Societies, while auxiliaries in the humanitarian services of their governments and subject to the laws of their respective countries, must always maintain their autonomy so that they may always be able to act in accordance with the principles of the movement.
- Voluntary service: It is voluntary relief movement not prompted in any manner by desire for gain.
- Unity: There can be only one Red Cross or Red Crescent in any one country. It must be open to all. It must carry on its humanitarian work throughout its territory.
- Universality: The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, in which all societies have equal status and share equal responsibilities and duties in helping each other, is worldwide.
||Name of the member
Dr K Manju,
Assistant Professor / Electronics and Communication Engg,
Sona College of Technology,
Salem - 636 005.
91-427- 2443545, 4099999.