Strategic planning would be the best way to ensure that we are adaptable to the changes that happen in the future. Some technologies that they learn now may go obsolete as it keeps changing. Focusing a little more on soft skills, problem solving skills, entrepreneurship and self-learning initiatives can prepare them to face any kind of challenges. We have incorporated such courses in our curriculum itself so that our students can take up any challenge in the industry. Self-learning is an integral part of every course. This has now become a skill which will be important for lifelong learning. The curriculum is designed in such a way that this skill is inculcated in every student. To mention a few on the initiatives taken:
1. Online Learning - Students take up Nptel or other MOOC courses from the platforms such as Udemy, Coursera, Edx and SimpliLearn.
2. Programming Club - Students are part of Sona Programming club where they challenge themselves in solving problems through coding
3. Peer Teaching – students identified as peer teachers exhibit their skill in learning again and communicate them effectively to their peers.
4. Projects based learning – From third semester onwards students carry out and implement projects to cater to the requirements of the college or the Industry
5. National / International Level Competitions - The students are given opportunity and special guidance to participate in national/international level competitions. They are encouraged to participate in project expos and competitions like Ideathons and Hackathons to trigger the passion for innovating something new.
6. Student clubs: They are given the opportunity to organize events and competitions for their fellow students. This activity improves their leadership capabilities.
7. Research experience: The faculty members involved in research projects give their implementation to students. This activity enables them to get exposed to various research opportunities and directions and get hands on in implementing the research based solutions.
Industrial Visits :
Details of Industrial Visits by students
|1.||ERP Logic, Salem||31-03-2018|
|2.||ERP Logic, Salem||06-04-2018|
|3.||Trains IT mPower Ltd., Bangalore||26-09-2017|
|4.||C-DAC Research Centre, Bangalore||26-09-2017|
|5.||Aniframe Animations, Mysore.||27-09-2017|
|6.||C-DAC Research Centre, Bangalore||06-10-2017|
|8.||IT Champs, Mysore||20-08-2016|
|10.||All India Radio||08-09-2016|
|11.||JP Infotech, Pondicherry.||13-08-2015|
|13.||JVS Electronics, Bangalore.||21-08-2014|
|14.||Aniframe Animations, Mysore.||22-08-2014|
|15.||DMS Technologies, Bangalore||21-08-2014|
Continuing Education :
The following courses have planned for the technical growth of the students.
|SNO||COURSE NAME||FACULTY DETAILS|
|2.||.NET Web development
(vb, c#, ASP, ADO .net)
|U.K. Balaji Saravanan|
|3.||C & C++ Programming||K.Karthick
|5.||LAMP Architecture & LINUX Programming||David Samuel Azariya