Conducting Department: ECE
The Department of Continuing Education, Sona College of Technology, offers certificate and advanced diploma programmes in different domains for the candidates who aspireto gain the skills to climb up in the ladder of their careers and also to persons working in industry.
- To focus on value enhancement of the participants
- To orient towards the growth of industry/community and the promotion of the stakeholders’ employability skills.
- To offer hands-on training and enhance the participants’ life skills.
- Certificate/Advanced Diploma programmesshall have fixed number of courses and appropriate credits.
- Candidates need to obtain a minimum of 20 credits and pass in all assessments for the eligibility to be awarded the certificate level.
- Candidates need to obtain a minimum of 40 credits and pass in all assessments for the eligibility to be awarded the certificate of advanced diploma level.
- Each credit is equivalent to 15 lecture hours or 30 hours of hands-on training
Each course offered is given a L-P-C structure, depending on the number of lecture periods (L) and number of periods for practical (P) required per week and number of credits (C) for an efficient teaching – learning process. A student is expected to put in his/her own efforts in proportion with periods spent in classroom (physical / online), as defined in L-P structure. On successful completion of the course, a student is said to have earned a specified number of credits defined for each course. Every one hour of Lecture (L) session/week amounts to 1 credit. A minimum of two hours session of Practical (P) sessions/ week amounts to 1 credit. Also, one hour of practical session / week amounts to 0.5 credit. A course of study may consist of only the lecture component or only the practical/practice component or a combination of any two.
The following are the general eligibility criteria to pursue all the certificate /advanced diploma level courses offered by our institution.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree programme / Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree programme (B.Sc (Mathematics),B.Sc(Visual Communication), B.E., B.Tech, B.N.Y.S etc.) / Graduated any Post Graduate Degree / Completed Diploma in any field etc/ Working persons in industry.
- However, the eligibility may vary depending on the course pre-requisites.
Duration of the Programme
- The course duration of all the certificate programmes is 9 Months (two terms).
- The course duration of all the advanced diploma programmes is 18 Months (three terms).
- Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday in the evening ( one hour) and morning hours on Saturdays ( three hours, timings will be conveyed by the concerned department coordinator).
Slogan: Value for Skill and Value for money.
Who can apply?
- Graduates from Engineering (UG & PG)
- 2ndyear 4th semester and 3rd year 5th semester engineering students
- Branches-ECE,EEE, IT,CSE, FT, Mechatronics
- Diploma students
Candidates need to obtain a minimum of 40 credits for the eligibility to be awarded the certificate of Advanced Diploma level.
- Candidates need to obtain a minimum of 20 creditsfor the eligibility to be awarded the certificate level.
- Advanced Diploma Programme: Rs. 18,000/-(Inclusive of all taxes)
- Certificate Programme: Rs. 9,000/-(Inclusive of all taxes)
- The fee can be paid in three installments.
- Course Certificate will be provided along with the industry tie-up
Duration of the Course
- Advanced diploma programme is 18 Months.
- certificate programme is 9 Months
- Classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday in the evening hour
- Mode of classes are blended mode ( Theory-online and practical- Offline)
Convenor : Dr. R. S. Sabeenian
Continuing education coordinator A. Ayub Khan, AP/ECE ( 9843592277)