We live in a disruptive time where youths at large often pass through tumultuous situations. Hence at this cross road counseling place an important role. Counseling services and programs helps students to resolve emotional, social and behavioural challenges and help them to develop a clearer focus and meaningful direction. Sona College of Technology is always dedicated to the holistic development of the students. Counseling center in Sona College of Technology is functioning under a professional psychologist.
- To help the students know themselves better – their interests, abilities , aptitudes and opportunities.
- To help the students in exploring, understanding and resolving their issues by developing the skills in them.
- To help in the process of evolution and empowerment of the students.
- To encourage and develop special abilities and right attitudes.
- To help students in their personal, academic and social development.
Some of the issues for which counseling services can be utilized
- Lack of concentration
- Motivation for studies
- Exam stress,
- Unhealthy competition
- Anger outbursts
Personal and social problems
- Loneliness and homesickness
- Adjustment difficulties
- Peer pressure
- Relationship issues
- Family Problems
- Cyber bullying
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Suicidal thoughts
- Depression ,anxiety and other mental health problems
- Substance abuse and various addictions
Activities of the Counselling Centre
- Individual counselling sessions
- Group counselling sessions
- Psychological support for students with difficulty in academic performance
- Motivation sessions
- Counselling for parents
- Counselling services for Staff
- Assessments and therapy
- Training Programs for faculties and Non-teaching Staff
Counselling Centre will function in all working days from 10 am to 5 pm. Parents can meet counsellor with prior appointment during all working days.
M.Sc. (Applied) Psychology