An Interactive Career Guidance Programme
One of the biggest benefits of studying engineering is that it promises to provide students with a variety of career opportunities. Engineers will be dealing with and solving real time problems by making use of both convergent and divergent thinking.
To elaborate on such an impressive career and highlight the scope for engineering education, Sona College of Technology in association with ‘The Hindu’, organized a one day interactive career guidance programme for engineering aspirants and parents on 1st May 2015 at Sona Auditorium in the college campus.
The elite speakers were:
- Mr. A. Amalraj, IPS, Commissioner of Police, Salem
- Mr. G. Soma Sundaram – Manager / HR Jockey, India
- Mr. D. Ganesan – HR Manager L&T Valves, Coimbatore
- Mr. C. Kumaresan – VP, Polaris Financial Sector
- Kalaimamani Marabin Maindan Mr. Muthaiya – Motivational speaker
- Mr. A. Muthukumar - Director Launch Pad, LLC, Mean Median Mode, Chennai
- Mr. S. Senthil Kumar–Senior Software Engineer, Juniper Networks, Bangalore
+2 students and parents attended the programme with great enthusiasm. The College choice turns the life of a student by a great measure. The experts predicted the emergence of new roles in the coming years with specialized educational career evolving to serve the industry. All the guest speakers insisted that the job market has become very dynamic over the years. They also advised the students to choose a branch of study which they are passionate about. The function was a meaningful and thought provoking one. The speakers’ speeches stimulated the minds of the parents and the engineering aspirants.