Providing an opportunity to translate ideas into products & services
The centre was INAUGURATED BY Dr. Sanjaypaswan, Honourable Minister of State for Communication and Information Technology , Govt. of India on 27th January 2003.
- In the globalized trade, customers prefer innovative products /services
- The innovators are mostly start-ups
- Translating innovative ideas into viable commercial products/services involves a lot of risk
- Technology Business Incubation Centre help start-ups to successfully convert their technologies into marketable products with a very low capital investment
- Creating high-tech economy in the region by facilitating the growth of industries with new technologies, thereby creating wealth for the society and the nation.
- Prosperous spring-board, friendly and secured environment for the sustainable mobility & industrial automation.
- Provide opportunity to the students and bring out their inherent talent so that the employability is enhanced.
- Establish Centers of excellence in the emerging areas of research and commercialize the products.
- Regular interaction with the Industries in the area of R & D, and offer consultancy, training and services.
- To encourage potential technopreneurs to convert their technologies into products and services
- To interface the incubatees and venture capital agents, and funding agencies
- To impart training to the start-ups to acquire entrepreneur skills
- To provide process know-how and marketing assistance to the entrepreneurs
- To guide the entrepreneurs to establish cost-effective manufacturing process
- To guide entrepreneurs to form enterprises
- To interface entrepreneurs and research organizations
Highly subsidized individual office accommodations with standard office furniture along with the following common resource arrangements are available:
- Computing facilities with secretarial services
- Common receptionist services
- Communication network
- Conference room with presentation equipment
- Pantry room/ canteen services
- Mailing address, post handling services
- Photocopying facilities
- Telephone and fax facilities
- Access to Technical Library
- Services of state- of- the-art equipments and machineries for prototyping the product
Compensation for the facilities and services
- Membership Registration fees Rs.3000/-
- Rental charges for furnished office accommodation will be Rs. 1000/- per month
- Technical service charges for prototyping the product will be a minimum of Rs. 10,000/- per project and the actual amount will be depending upon the work involved in the project
- In case of high potential projects associated with high volume of work, appropriate equity share to STBIC will be considered
Eligibility for Tenancy Applications
- Individual start-up technopreneurs or technology based start-up companies
- Start-ups adopting new technologies from other sources
- Established enterprises willing to re-engineer their products
Areas of Technology
- Electronics and Communication
- Its related products and services
- Apparel and Fashion Technology
- Precision Engineering with CAD/CAM application
Dr.B.Thiyaneswaran, Co-Cordinator/SBIC & Asso.Prof/ECE
Prof.G.Suresh, Co-Cordinator/SBIC & Asst.Prof/EEE