Projects under taken:
- Study of rain and associated parameters: attenuation at ka band due to rain - National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, ISRO.
- Study of rainfall and radio wave propagation – Visiting Fellowship of ISRO.
- Studies on the pulse plating of silver for the jewellery industry under the Research
- Promotion Scheme (RPS) 2006-2007 of All India Council for Technical Education.
- Active research is being done in the Physics Wing under the following thrust areas of physics:
- Rainfall and radio wave propagation, Metal Pulse plating technique, Crystal Growth and Characterization of NLO Single Crystals, Solar thermal applications and Materials Science.
- Develop the centre to International Standard for Research and Development in Sona College of Technology. Collaborative Research with International researchers in the field of Photonics, MEMS, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Crystal Growth and Biotechnology.
Centre for Photonics and Nanotechnology (www.sonapan.com)
- M. Silambarasan, S. Saravanan and Deepak R. Nayak, "Micro-Raman and photoluminescence studies of self-assembled quantum well microtubes on GaAs substrate", Materials Letter, 105 (2013) 148–150.
- T. Mohandas, C. Ranjith Dev Inbaseelan, S. Saravanan and P. Sakthivel, "Glycine–D-tartaric acid (1/1)", Acta Crystallographica Section E, E69 (2013) o236
- Synthesis Growth and Characterization of Urea-3-Nitrobenzoic Acid Single Crystals from Methanol Solvent, International Journal of Applied Chemistry, Vol.6, No. 1, (2010), 113-122.
- V. Balasubramanian, “Performance analysis based on different surface coating in Light weight Inexpensive Portable solar cooker”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, Volume 6, Number 1, (2010), PP 37 – 48.
- C.Shanthi, “Studies on the effect of base metal composition in pulse plating of silver over silver alloy”. International journal of Chemistry, Canadian Centre of Science and Education, Vol. 2, No. 1, February, pp. 14-18, 2010.
- M. Balamurugan and S. Saravanan, Producing Nanosilica from Sorghum vulgare Seed Heads, Powder Technology, Vol.224 (2012) 345-350.
- Jegan, S. Sakai, S. Saravanan, A. Takeyama, K. Karunakaran, A. Ramasubbu, “One-pot systhesis and characterisation of Biopolymer – Iron oxide nanocomposites”, International Journal of Nano Dimension, Vol.2(2), (2011) pp.105-110.
- A.Jegan, A.Ramasubbu, S.Vasanth kumar, M.Balamurugan and S.Saravanan “Environmental benign synthesis and characterization of silver Nanoparticles using Phyllostachys sp leaves”, Digest Journal of Nanometerials and Biostructures, Vol.6, (2011), p.325-330.
- 10. Rajasri Sen Jaiswal, Neela V S, Sonia R Fredrick , M Rasheed Leena Zaveri and Sowmya.V, MAUSAM, "Identification of convective/ stratiform dominance over surface rainfall" 2014, Accepted
- Rajasri Sen Jaiswal, Neela V S, Sonia R Fredrick , M Rasheed Sowmya.V and Leena Zaveri, MAUSAM," Identification of Key parameters Producing rainfall" , April 2013, Vol 64, no. 2, ISSN 0252 – 9416
- Rajasri Sen Jaiswal, Neela V S, Sonia R Fredrick , M Rasheed and Leena Zaveri, chapter in a book on Coastal Vulnerability to Climate Change published by Springer, "Prediction of rain on the basis of cloud liquid water, precipitable water and latent heat" 2013 ISBN 978-94-007-6015-8 (HB)
- Rajasri Sen Jaiswal, Neela V S, Sonia R Fredrick, M Rasheed and Leena Zaveri, Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics , "Characteristics of South-West and North-East Monsoon Rainfall over Salem" ,Oct-2011 , Vol. No.40 Pg.257-266 ISSN 0367-8393
- Sonia R Fredrick Rajasri Sen Jaiswal, Neela V S, M Rasheed and Leena Zaveri ,Advances in geosciences (ADGEO)(Int.), "Global Scenario of Radar Bright Band", 2011, Vol. 22 2011 Pg. 15-30 ,ISBN 978-981-
- M. Silambarasan and S. Saravanan, “Calculation of Radius of Curvature for Strained Layer Structure and fabrication of semiconductor microtubes on GaAs Substrates” Journal of Material Science and Engineering, Vol. 4 (2010) pp.20-23.
- J.S.Reparaz, L.R.Muniz, A.R.Goni, M.I.Alonso, G.Rozas, A.Fainstein, S.Saravanan and P.O.Vaccaro, “Pressure dependence of electronic structure of a  piezoelectric Ga0.85In0.15As/AlAs superlattices, Physical Review B, Vol. 82 (2010) pp.125306 (1-6).
- Shanmugam Saravanan and Takashisa Harayama, “Improvement in size distribution and optical properties of InAs/GaAs QDs by post growth thermal treatment”, Physica Status Solidi (b), Vol.1-9 (2009) pp. Online DOI-10.1002/pssb.200880590.
- S. Hiratsuka, S.Saravanan, T. Harayama, N. Ohtani, “Photoluminescence properties of annealed InAs quantum dots capped by InGaAs layers” Physica Status Solidi (C), Vol.6, (2009) pp.189-192.
- Synthesis and Growth of Urea-Organic Additive material for the optical modulation process in Optoelectronics Engineering and Technology, Journal on Future Engineering & Technology, Vol. 4, No.4, (2009), 16-21.
- V. Balasubramanian, “A study on conversion of unused dish antenna as dish solar cooker”, I Manager’s journal on Future Engineering and Technology, Volume 4, Number 4, May – July 2009.
- V. Balasubramanian, “Fabrication and Study of Light weight Inexpensive Portable Solar Cooker”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, Volume 5, Number 2, (2009), PP 175 – 182.
- C.Shanthi, “The effect of DC plating parameters on the composition and morphology of silver copper alloy” Applied Physics Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.2-7, May, 2009.
- R Sen, S Uma and A.Shantha Kumaran Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics "Study of Z-R relation over Gadanki for different rainfall rates"2009 38(3) 125 ISSN 0367-8393
- "Study of Z-R relation over Gadanki for different rainfall rates" Journal of Radio and space physics, 2008
- R Sen, S Uma and A. Shanthakumaran, Journal of Radio and space physics "Study of Z-R relation over Gadanki for different rainfall rates" -2008
- R Sen, P Geetha and S Uma, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, "Estimation of Cross Polarization over Some Stations in India", Vol. 36, 379-382
- R Sen, P Geetha and S Uma Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics "Estimation of Cross Polarization over Some Stations in India" 2007 36 379-382 ISSN 0367-8393
- R Sen, S Uma AIP conference proceedings "Radio wave propagation over Salem" American Institute of Physics" 2007
- R Sen, S Uma & Victor Antony Raj, American Institute of Physics conference Proceeding, "Radio wave propagation over Salem" Vol. 923, 218-231, 2007
- C. Shanthi, S.Barathan, Rajasrisen jaiswal, R.M.Arunachalam, S.Mohan, Materials Letters, The effect of pulse parameters in electro deposition of silver alloy, Vol.62, No.20, 4519-4521, 2008
- V. Balasubramanian, Probing the Nobel Prizes in Physics", Bulletin of the Indian Association of Physics Teachers, Volume 21, Number 3, March 2004.
- Rajasri Sen& M P Singh Indian Journal of Physics( Int. Journal)" Effect of rain on millimetre wave propagation: a review" 1998 72(B) 101-123 ISSN 0019-5480
- Rajasri Sen & M P Singh Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics" Study of effective path length and path reduction factor over some stations in India" 1998 27 66-70ISSN 0367-8393