SONASTARCH was started in 2004 and its main focus is to cater the needs of the industries in and around Salem district.
- Be a pioneer research laboratory in providing testing and consultancy services to the food product Industries for producing good quality products ensuring food safety norms.
- Be a consultant for the establishment of new chemical analytical laboratories.
- Be a consultant for the nearby industries for better processes and product development.
- Be a well-equipped research laboratory in all respects to carryout high quality research in the field of material synthesis and its applications towards energy devices and environmental protection.
- Be a research centre to offer academic/research project guidance.
- To offer a complete chemical analysis of all types of food products, drinking water and waste water, ores and minerals, poultry feeds, bleaching agents, oils and soaps, sugar, jaggery, fertilizers, fuels, lime, cement and other construction materials, industrial wastes/scraps etc.
- To produce more number of research projects in the thrust areas viz., Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Novel material synthesis, Nano Technology, Biologically active organic compounds/inorganic complexes, Materials for energy and environment etc.
- To publish a peer reviewed journal with high impact factor in the field of basic and applied chemistry.
- To present a research papers both in International and National level Conferences/Seminars.
- To provide the student community with quality research projects.