Number of Seats Available
Under Graduate Degree
|Programme||Total Number of Seats (Regular / 4 Years)||Total Number of Seats
(Lateral Entry / 3 Years)
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||120||24|
|Computer Science and Engineering||120||24|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||120||24|
Post Graduate Degree
|Programme||Total Number of Seats||Total Number of Seats
|M.E. - Computer Science and Engineering||30||-|
|M.E. - Software Engineering||18||-|
|M.E. - VLSI Design||30||-|
|M.E. - Product Design and Development||18||-|
|M.E. - Power Electronics and Drives||18||-|
|M.E. - Power System Engineering||18||-|
|M.E. - Engineering Design||18||-|
|M.E. – Communication Systems||18||-|
|M.E. – Structural Engineering||24||-|
|M.Tech. – Information Technology||18||-|
|MBA - Master of Business Administration||180||-|
|MCA - Master of Computer Applications||120||24|
i) Selection Procedure
The selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will do selection of the candidates under this scheme. The selection is purely provisional and always subject to the confirmation from the Anna University / Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai.
ii) Selection Committee
The following selection committee constituted by Sona College of Technology as per the guidelines of the Institution will select the candidates for admission for various programmes offered by our institution.
Dr. V. Jayaprakash, Principal, Chairman Admissions
Dr.K. Karunakaran - Dean - Admissions
Mr.Cyril Gunasekaran - Administrative Assistant
Mr.P.J. Jawahar Raj - Executive Admission
iii) Mode of selection
BE/BTech Degree Programme - First Year
- Based on the cut off marks obtained in the higher secondary (10+2) examination.
- Cut off mark = 200 (100 for Mathematics and 100 for Physics + Chemistry)
BE/BTech Degree Programme - Direct Second Year Lateral Entry
- Based on the percentage marks (aggregate of V and VI semesters) obtained in the Diploma (10+3) examination.
ME/MTech Degree Programme
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET / GATE) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Based on the entrance (MAT / TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Degree & Lateral Entry
- Based on the entrance (TANCET / CET) marks conducted by the Anna University & Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges
iv) Calander for Admission (UG, PG)
|Last date for request for applications
Last date for submission of applications
Dates for announcing final results
Release of admission List
Date for acceptance by the candidate (Less than 15 days)
Last date for closing of admission
Starting of the Academic session
The waiting List should be activated only on the expiry of date of main list
|Awaiting for notification from Govt. of Tamilnadu.
Association of Management of Coimbatore Anna University Affiliated Colleges, Covai.
v) Admission List (UG, PG)
will be updated.
vi) Admission withdrawal (UG, PG)
Policy of refund
before approval - full fee refund
after approval - approval fee and tuition fee for number of days attended will be deducted.