SonaNET is a research lab started in 2008, dedicated to research in computer networks. The center, as part of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, aims to develop novel architectures and technologies in the field of computer networks. Faculty members and students of Sona College of Technology jointly work in research-oriented, academic and industry projects.
SonaNET also provides consultancy services tailored to the needs of organizations. The MoU between Sona and TIINO Research labs helps students and faculty members to work in industry-based projects.Such collaborations had provided students of the department to grab opportunities for internship.
Ongoing research activities are IPV6 security, Wireless Sensor Networks and security in cloud computing. Portfolio of SonaNET includes two filed patents, fifteen international publications, three national publications and sponsored projects from AICTE, IE(I) and IIT Bombay.
The vision is that we are recognized as a centre of excellence, delivering high quality research across India.
- To develop new architecture / Technologies in Networking and related areas..
- To provide consultancy services tailored to the needs of organizations for innovative IT solutions in these areas.
Overall Research Activities
- Dr.M.Usha was selected as the external examiner for the Pre-Ph.D Comprehensive Viva-Voce examination on 16.02.2017, VTU, Karnataka.
- Best Women Researcher Award, 2012
- Selected for Marquis ‘Who’s who in the world”, 2008.
- BEST TEACHER award of Sona College of Technology during the academic year 2006- 2007
- “One among Top Ten Faculty’ Award, of Sona College of Technology, 2007-2008
- Best Research and Development Paper’ Award. of Sona College of Technology, 2006
- ‘Service for non-formal education’ Award, of Sona College of Technology, 2006
Sponsored Projects ongoing
- Dr.M.Usha, Dr.J.Akilandeswari, Dr.R.S.Sabeenian, Mr.M.Marimuthu, DST SEED Division sponsored project titled, “ICT Interventions to Promote Entrepreneurship Development of Women SHGs in Salem District, Tamil Nadu through Rural Agricultural Support Centers (Agri BPOs)” Rs. 41,63,070/-
- Dr.M.Usha, DST sponsored project titled “Development of Rural Women Technology Park In Salem, Tamil Nadu” Rs.1,23,00,000/-
- Securing Wireless IP networks against DDos attacks
- Smart Evaluation system
- Modernizations of Multimedia RDBMS & Internet Programming Laboratories
- Computer Integrated Neuro Surgical Tool
- A new scheduler for Linux
- Medical data Mining
- Biological Sequence Analysis
In house Projects completed
- Host based Intrusion Detection for Wireless Networks
- Crowd sourcing for Lane Optimization in Toll Plazas
- A Hybrid Approach to Detect DDoS Attacks In Ipv6 Networks Using Information Metrics And Data Mining: Entropy-Miner
In house Projects Ongoing
- Clustering protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks
- A Hybrid Handover Mechanism to Optimize then Performance in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
- IoT smart agriculture
- Pest detection
- Ration shop automation
- An efficient encoding technology for multi-view images in wireless multimedia sensor networks
- Intrusion Detection System using Data mining methodology
Ph.D(s) produced : 04
- R. Sumathi ( 2015)
- P. Kavitha ( January, 2017)
- C.N.Vanitha ( April, 2018)
- S.Sridevi ( April, 2018)