Sona SERC was started in the year 2012 and the main focus of the research Centre is to transfer technology and expertise for industrial and social benefit.
To undertake application-oriented research in all aspects of structural engineering
- To attract external financial support to R&D programmes
- To establish advanced / state-of-the-art facilities for testing
- To transfer technology and expertise for industrial/societal benefit
- To publish high quality papers in international & National journals having impact factor
- To develop and introduce New Non Destructive Technique methods.
- To Involve New methodology in the Health Monitoring of Structures.
- To innovate New Techniques in the form work Design for Structures.
- Development of New Software in Structural Engineering Applications.
- To Innovate New Smart materials in Structural Engineering Applications