Centre for Photonics and Nanotechnology (SONA PAN) was inaugurated on 4th January 2010. The SONA PAN is one of the Research & Development centre in the India’s leading technical education institution of Sona College of Technology. This centre has state of the art nano-fabrication and characterization techniques to enable the development of cutting edge nanoscale technologies for various applications such as Nano photonics, MEMS/NEMS, semiconductor optoelectronics, free space optical communications, next generation solar cells and crystal growth.
Develop the centre to International Standard for Research and Development in Sona College of Technology. Collaborative Research with International researchers in the field of, Quantum dots, MEMS, Nonmaterial, Solar Technology, Crystal growth for NLO crystals, OLED and Biotechnology.
- To carryout numerical calculation of strain field in InAs embedded Quantum dots.
- To fabricate Low cost, High Efficiency third generation Solar Cells.
- To fabricate Organic-Polymer hybrid Solar Cells.
- To fabricate semiconductor Micro-tubes and Plates by strain driven self assembling technique for monolithic integration and Optical switching.
- To fabricate long wave length Quantum Dot (QD) based devices for fiber optic and free space optical communications.
- Green synthesis of Nanoparticles for Solar cell and bio-medical application.
- To fabricate Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) for display applications.
- To Growth of Non-Linear Optical (NLO) Crystals.
- To synthesis Metal Sulfide and Metal oxide Nanostructures for water purification.