Ethics and plagiarism are the significant components in the research and publication. Sometimes it is observed that researchers claim others work as their own, which will degrade the reputation of the institution.
- One ethics committee has been formed comprising of all PhD holders of the institute to assess the faculty researcher / PhD student / PG student who produce their work in the form of Research Publication / Research Proposal / Thesis Work (PG)/ Project Report.
- Especially the research work of the faculty / PG student in the form of journal paper / projects must go through the process of plagiarism and has to maintain high academic and production standards.
- Apart from this, the committee takes extra measures to ensure that the work is at par with the national/international standards.
- The Project Guide and Scholars are asked to use the softwares available in our campus such as Blackboard and Urkund, which is provided by Anna University Chennai for detecting the plagiarism. All Faculty researchers seeking for journal paper submission are requested to submit the plagiarism report (maximum allowed limit 20%) along with the paper to the committee for review . All PhD, PG students are made compulsory to submit plagiarism report ( Maximum allowed limit 20%), no objection certificate from guide and co-authors to get their project work approved for publication / thesis presentation.
- Any violation of the rule and other issue, complaints regarding plagiarism attracts disciplinary action to be imposed by committee within one month from the day of complaint. Depending on the severity of plagiarism, the committee will submit the report and recommendation on disciplinary action to be imposed.
- The Committee comprises
- Dean R&D
- HOD of Respective Deparment
- Project Guide
- Types of Plagiarism
- Invalid Source
- Secondary Source
- Respective Research
- Misleading Attribution
- Unethical Collaboration
- Verbatim plagiarism
- Complete plagiarism
- Plagiarism Checker Software 1) http://www.urkund.com/login/
2) BlackBoard : www.sonalearn.org