Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Sona College of Technology, Salem –
636 005. India.
Ph: +91 – 427 – 2443545, 4099999 Ext: 722
||Field of Specialisation
|University of Madras
|University of Madras
|Anna University, Chennai
||Electrical Machine Design
Area of Interest
Design and testing of electrical machines ; Analysis of power flow problems
- Basic Electrical Engineering – Sonaversity
- Electrical Machine Design - Sonaversity
- Electrical Machines I Lab for EEE students
- Electrical Engineering Lab for Mechanical students
- Two mark Question & Answer for Electrical Machines I for EEE students
- Two marks Question & Answer for Electrical Engineering for ECE &
- Design of 3 phase, 3HP Energy Efficient Induction Motor at Adiyaman Engineering College on 9th September at a National Level Conference.
- Design of Energy efficient induction motor by adopting reduced current density at Cresent Engineering College.
- Estimation of inner temperature of Stator using finite element methods at the National Conference at Govt. College of Engineering, Salem - 11 on 31.10.2004.
- Improving the efficiency of an Induction Motor by using high grade steel at the National Conference at Dr.Sivanthi Athithanar College of Engineering Tiruchenthur on 18th and 19th August 2005.
- Generation Expansion Planning based on Evolutionary Technics at Adiyamaan College of Engineering Hosur at National Conference on 23rd and 24th Feb2006.
- Graphical Optimization of Full Load loses of a single phase core type distribution transformer at Govt. College of Engineering Salem on 22nd and 23rd March 2006 at National level Conference.
- Estimation of optimum values for the main dimensions of a.d.c. machine by graphical method.” International Journal of applied engineering research” October 2009 Multi machine power system stability enhancement using Static Synchronous Series Compensator (SSSC) Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), 2012 International Conference on 21-22 March 2012
Professional and Industrial Career
|University / College / Organization
|Sona College of Technology, Salem
||Professor & HOD of EEE
||19 - 06 - 2000
| VMKV Engineering College, Salem
||Professor of EEE
||1 - 11 -1997
||14 - 06 -2000
| Maharaja Engineering College, Avinashi
||HOD of EEE
||22 - 07 - 1996
||10 - 05 - 1997
| Muthayammal Polytechnic, Rasipuram
||01 - 06 - 1985
||01 - 06 - 1995
|HOD of EEE
||01 - 07 -1984
||31 - 05 - 1985
|Sree Akilandeswari Mills PVT Ltd, Salem
||15 - 07 - 1983
||30 - 06 - 1984
| Government College of Engineering, Salem
||06 - 12 - 1976
||14 - 07 - 1983
|PSG Foundry Division (Research cum Training and Production Centre), Coimbatore
||02 - 05 - 1974
||30 - 04 - 1976
||01 - 03 -1972
||22 - 08 - 1972
||16 - 08 - 1971
||29 - 02 - 1972
- Attended 31st ISTE Annual Convention held at Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Attended a Seminar organized by IEEE - Power Engineering Society (Madras Chapter) and Rowsons Transformers ( P ) Ltd, Madras on &Voltage Controllers and Transformers.
- Attended a seminar organized by Tamilnadu Energy Development Agency on March 8th 2003 at GRT Grand days Chennai.
- Attended a seminar conducted by Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources at IIT Chennai.