Assistant Professor, Department of Mechatronics Engineering
Sona College of Technology, Salem – 636 005
Ph: +91 – 427 – 4099999 Ext: 888 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org ,
||Kongu Engineering College
||Electronics and instrumentation
||Muthayammal Engineering College
||No of Years
|22-06-2015 to 30-11-2020
||SNS College of Technology, Coimbatore
|16.12.2020 to Till date
||Sona College of Technology, Salem
Areas of Expertise
- MEMS, Sensors and Instrumentation, Industrial Automation, Automotive Mechatronics.
- P. Mohankumar, J. Ajayan, R.Yasodharan, P. Devendran and R.Sambasivam, A Review of Micromachined sensors for Automotive applications. Measurement, Elsevier, 140, 305-322 (2019), Impact factor : 3.927. (SCI indexed)
- P Mohankumar, J Ajayan, R Yasodharan. Recent developments in biosensors for healthcare and biomedical applications: A Review, Measurement, Elsevier, 108293 (2021), Impact factor : 3.927. (SCI indexed).
- J Ajayan, T Ravichandran, P Mohankumar, P Prajoon and Pravin JC. Investigation of DC-RF and breakdown behaviour in Lg= 20 nm novel asymmetric GaAs MHEMTs for future submillimetre wave applications. AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications. Elsevier, 84, 387-393, 2018 Impact factor : 2.115 (SCI indexed).
- Ajayan, J., D. Nirmal, T. Ravichandran, P. Mohankumar, P. Prajoon, L. Arivazhagan, and Chandan Kumar Sarkar. InP high electron mobility transistors for submillimetre wave and terahertz frequency applications: A review. AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2018. Impact factor : 2.115 (SCI indexed).
- Shankar S, Naveen Kumar R, Mohankumar P and Jayaraman Srinivasan. Prevalence of work-related Musculoskeletal injuries among south Indian hand screen printing workers. WORK: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation. IOS Press 58(2), 163-172. 2017 Impact factor : 1.009, (Web of Science indexed).
- Shankar S, Naveen Kumar R, Mohankumar P and Karthik J. Evaluation of vibrant muscles over shoulder region among the workers of Hand Screen Printing Industry. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics. Taylor and Francis, 24(2), 278-285, 2017 Impact factor : 0.660, (SCI indexed).
- Ajayan, J., T. Ravichandran, P. Mohankumar, P. Prajoon, J. Charles Pravin, and D. Nirmal. Investigation of RF and DC Performance of E-Mode In0. 80Ga0. 20As/InAs/In0. 80Ga0. 20as Channel based DG-HEMTs for Future Submillimetre Wave and THz Applications. IETE Journal of Research, . Taylor and Francis, 1-11, 2018. Impact factor : 0.829. (SCI indexed).
- J Ajayan, D Nirmal, P Mohankumar, Dheena Kuriyan, AS Augustine Fletcher, L Arivazhagan, B Santhosh Kumar, GaAs metamorphic high electron mobility transistors for future deep space-biomedical-millitary and communication system applications: A review, Microelectronics, Elsevier, 92, 2019: 104-120. Impact factor : 1.280. (SCIE indexed).
- J Ajayan, D Nirmal, Dheena Kurian, P Mohankumar, L Arivazhagan, AS Augustine Fletcher, TD Subash, M Saravanan, Investigation of impact of gate underlap/overlap on the analog/RF performance of composite channel double gate MOSFETs, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, American Vacuum Society, 37, 2019: 062201. Impact factor : 1.351. (SCI indexed).
- M Manikandan, D Nirmal, J Ajayan, P Mohankumar, P Prajoon, L Arivazhagan, A review of blue light emitting diodes for future solid state lighting and visible light communication applications, Superlattices and Microstructures, Elsevier, 2019: 106294. Impact factor : 2.385. (SCI indexed).
- J Ajayan, D Nirmal, P Mohankumar, M Saravanan, M Jagadesh, L Arivazhagan. A review of photovoltaic performance of organic/inorganic solar cells for future renewable and sustainable energy technologies, Superlattices and Microstructures, Elsevier, 2020: 106549. Impact factor : 2.385. (SCI indexed).
- Yasodharan, R, A P Senthilkumar, P Mohankumar, J Ajayan, and R Sivabalakrishnan. Investigation and Influence of layer composition of tandem perovskite solar cells for applications in future renewable and Sustainable energy. Optik, Elsevier, 2020: 164723. Impact factor : 1.914. (SCI indexed).
- J Ajayan, D Nirmal, P Mohankumar, L Arivazhagan. Investigation of Impact of Passivation Materials on the DC/RF Performances of InP-HEMTs for Terahertz Sensing and Imaging, Silicon, Springer Netherlands, 2019: 1-6. Impact factor : 1.210. (SCIE indexed).
- J Ajayan, T Ravichandran, P Mohankumar, P Prajoon, J Charles Pravin, D Nirmal. Investigation of DC and RF Performance of Novel MOSHEMT on Silicon Substrate for Future Submillimetre Wave Applications, Semiconductors, Pleiades Publishing, 52, 2018; 1991-1997. Impact factor : 0.691. (SCI indexed).
- J Ajayan, D Nirmal, P Mohankumar, L Arivazhagan, M Saravanan, S Saravanan. LG= 20 nm High Performance GaAs Substrate Based Metamorphic Metal Oxide Semiconductor High Electron Mobility Transistor for Next Generation High Speed Low Power Applications, Journal of Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, American Scientific Publishers, 14, 2019: 1133-1142. Impact factor : 0.219. (SCIE indexed).
- J Ajayan, D Nirmal, Ribu Mathew, Dheena Kurian, P Mohankumar, L Arivazhagan, D Ajitha. A critical review of design and fabrication challenges in InP HEMTs for future terahertz frequency applications, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Pergamon, 128, 2021: 105753. Impact factor: 3.927. (SCI indexed).
- S Shankar, Naveen Kumar R, Mohankumar P, Karthick J and Pradeep S. Association of job and demographical risk factor with occurrence of Neck pain among hand screen printing workers. Ergonomics in caring for people, Chapter 17, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018.
- J Ajayan, P Prakasam, P Mohankumar. An Overview of Green Energy Management Systems, Advances in Greener Energy Technologies, PP. 601-616, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020.
- M Saravanan, J Ajayan, Sathish R Jondhale, P Mohankumar. An Overview of Energy Harvesting Techniques for Future Internet of Things Applications, Internet of Things in Smart Technologies for Sustainable Urban Development, Chapter 7, Springer, Cham. 2020.
- Terrain-Bot Spline Wheel, (Co-inventor), Design No. 30217 – Published (2019).
- Sun Tracking system for Photovoltaic panels, (Inventor), Application No. 327722-001 (First examination completed)
- Mohankumar P, Shankar S, Naveen Kumar R, and Jayaraman Srinivasan. Work related musculoskeletal pain and risk factors variation for male and female workers in HSP Industries. International conference on contemporary research trends in diagnostics and therapeutics, Anna University, Chennai.
- Mohankumar P, R.R Muralidharan. KAMM –The Server bot, International Conference on Control and Automation, KCE, Coimbatore.
- R Yasodharan, A P Senthilkumar, J Ajayan, P Mohankumar. Effects of layer thickness on Power Conversion Efficiency in Perovskite solar cell: A numerical simulation approach, 5th International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication and Mechanical Engineering (IEEE), SECE, Coimbatore.
- P Mohankumar, R Manikandan, T R Gokula Krishna, S Praveen Kumar, S Rajesh Kumar Automated Efficiency Enhancement of Photovoltaic cells using Artificial Intelligence, International Conference on Computer, Communication and Signal Processing (IEEE), SSNCE, Chennai. (Paper submitted).
- One week FDP under the title Smart Sensors and Systems (IoT and CPS) at IIT (BHU), Varanasi (Nov 2018).
- One week FDP under the title Human factors Engineering and advanced cognitive systems at IIT, Bombay (May 2019).
- One week FDP under the title Teaching, learning and assessment with MOOCs at CIT, Coimbatore (Nov 2019).
- Two days workshop on MEMS sensors for Robotic Applications using Arduino on 22 & 23 Sept. 2015 under Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, SNSCT.
- Five days FDP on Effective Research and Technical paper writing between 09-13 Dec 2019 for young research aspirants in SNSCT.
Awards and Achievements
- Received Best Young Researcher award in Solid-state semiconductor devices for Elsevier Technical paper.
- Reviewer in Measurement Journal, Elsevier.
- Reviewer in Microelectronics Journal, Elsevier.
- Faculty Mentor for the participant of National level Factory Automation project contest Mitsubishi Electric cup 2019 & 2020 organized by Mitsubishi Electric India Pvt Ltd at New Delhi and Bangalore, received Appreciation prize for commendable performance with cash prize of Rs. 20,000 per each edition.
- Guided students for National level Factory Automation project contest Mitsubishi Electric cup 2017 organized by Mitsubishi Electric at Pune and received cash prize of Rs.7,000.
- Mentor for SIH 2020 – Runner -up – Hardware (Automated basti making machine).