Dr. D. SENTHIL KUMAR, Head of the Department
Department of Mechanical Engineering
91 - 427 - 2443545, 4099999 Ext: 4099707
Sona College of Technology, Salem
– 636 005
||Institution & University
||Year of Passing
Area of Expertise
- Study of double diffusive mixed convection problems relevant to chemical vapor deposition, nuclear waste disposal, indoor pollutant transport, food processing and cooling tower applications
- Thermo-hydro-mechanical modeling of unsaturated porous material, pertinent to heat and moisture transport analysis in concrete, bentonite, Hydrogen storage and under ground coal gasification.
- Heat and Fluid Flow simulation in cavity and channel flows
- Transfinite interpolation mesh generation for regular geometries
Teaching interests and subjects taught
- Heat and mass transfer
- Advanced I C Engines
- Engineering mechanics
- Total quality management
- Gas dynamics and Jet propulsion
- Fluid mechanics
|Computational fluid dynamics
Publication in International Journals
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, H. R. Thomas, Numerical Simulation of Double Diffusive Mixed Convection in a Lid-Driven Square Cavity using Velocity-Vorticity Formulation, Numerical Heat Transfer - Part A, 54 (9) (2008) 837–865.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Thermosolutal buoyancy induced mixed convection in a backward-facing step channel using velocity-vorticity formulation, Numerical Heat Transfer - Part A, 56 (7) (2009) 604–640.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Numerical analysis of interaction between inertial and thermo-solutal buoyancy forces on convective heat transfer in a lid-driven cavity, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 132 (2010) 112501 - 1– 11.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Effect of thermo-solutal stratification on recirculation flow patterns in a backward-facing step channel flow, International Journal for numerical methods in Fluids, 64 (2) 2010 163-186.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, H. R. Thomas, Effect of aspect ratio of a heated block on the interaction between inertial and thermo-solutal buoyancy forces in a lid-driven cavity, Numerical Heat Transfer - Part A, (accepted, 2011). (publisher: Taylor & Francis)
Publication in International Conferences
- D. Senthil kumar, P. Leela Krishna, K. Murugesan, global Matrix-Free Finite Element Algorithm for solution of Velocity-Vorticity form of Navier-Stokes equations: Applications to Flow and Heat transfer studies in a square cavity with square blockage, Proceedings of 2007 FEF Int. Conference, Sanda Fe, New Mexico, USA, March, 26-28, 2007.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Analysis of fluid flow in a lid-driven square cavity with a step blockage using global matrix - free finite element algorithm, Proceedings of Int. Conference on Intelligence systems for Rural development, August 28-30, 2008, AEC Tiruvannamalai, India.
- D. Senthil Kumar, R. Arulraj, K Dinesh Kumar, Numerical Study of Fluid Stratification in Elliptic Pin Fin Heat Sink, Proceedings of Int. Conference on Global Manufacturing Systems & Management, August 1-3, 2011, CIT, Coimbatore, India
Publication in National Conferences
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Parametric Study on Convective Drying of a Rectangular Brick using Finite Element Method and Mass Lumping Technique, Proceedings of 19th National & 8th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference January 3-5, 2008 JNTU Hyderabad, India.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Numerical analysis of laminar double diffusive mixed convection over a backward facing step using velocity-vorticity form of Navier-Stokes equations, Proceedings of 35th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, December 10-12, 2008, PESIT Bangalore, India.
- D. Senthil kumar, K. Murugesan, Akhilesh Gupta, Numerical study of double diffusive natural convection in a rectangular cavity with discrete heat sources using velocity-vorticity equations, 20th National & 9th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference January 4-6, 2010, IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
- V. Palanisamy, D. Senthil kumar, Study of convective heat transfer using nano-fluids in micro channel, National conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, August 1-3, 201, Sona college of Technology, Salem.
- Certified ISO internal auditor
- Coordinating Association activities.
- Guiding UG students for Project works.
- Student Advisor
- Lab in charge
- ISTE college chapter Secretary