Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sona College of Technology, Salem
– 636 005 India
91 - 427 - 2443545, 4099999
Area of Expertise
- Experimental and CFD study of Heat sinks with base plate for CPU
- CFD simulation of Un uniform fin width Heat sinks with base plate for CPU
- Numerical analysis of Planted pin fin heat sinks for Electronics cooling
- Utilization of thermal energy from Refrigerator to Heater
||Field of Specialization
|Anna university, Chennai
||Heat transfer and CPU cooling
Teaching Interest and Subjects Taught
- Thermal Engineering
- Heat and mass transfer
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Engineering mechanics
- Total quality management
- Gas dynamics and Jet propulsion
- Fluid mechanics
- Engineering graphics
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Applied Hydraulic and Pneumatic System
Academic & Industrial Career
|University / College
|Sona College of Technology
||Dec 2009 - till date
|Sona College of Technology
||June 2009 – Nov 2009
|Muthayammal Engineering College
||June 2005 – May2009
|Sagar sugars & allied products limited
||June 2001 – May 2003
Funded Research Project
- Composite heat sinks for CPU Cooling, funded by AICTE of worth Rs 8.6 Lakhs, 2011-2013.
Funded Workshop Organized
- Two week workshop on Fluid Mechanics sponsored by MHRD- ISTE, of worth Rs 1.5 Lakhs,20-30 May 2014.
Publication in International Journals
- R.Mohan, Experimental Analysis of un-uniform fin width heat sinks with base plate, Iranian Journal of Science & Technology, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering, Volume 40, Issue 3, pages 217–232, April 2014.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal analysis of CPU with CCC and copper base plate heat sinks using CFD, International Journal of Heat Transfer—Asian Research, Volume 40, Issue 3, pages 217–232, May 2011
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Experimental and CFD analysis of heat sinks with base plate for CPU cooling, International Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Volume 25, Number 8, 2003-2012, 2011
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal Analysis of CPU with composite pin fin Heat Sinks, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, September 2010
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal Analysis of CPU with Variable Heat Sink Base Plate Thickness Using CFD, International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, Vol. 18 No.1 (January-April, 2010), pp 27-36.
Publication in International Conferences
- R.Mohan, Thermal analysis of Plate fin heat sinks with base plate for CPU cooling, ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering at Texas.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal and Flow Analysis of CPU with composite Heat sink by using CFD at VIT University, Vellore held on December 14-16 2009.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal and Flow Analysis of CPU with Heat sinks at College of Engineering, Trivandrum – 695016, Kerala held on January 14-16 2010.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal Analysis of CPU with varying thickness of Heat Sink base plate using CFD at NOORUL ISLAM University, Kumaracoil, Thuckalay.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, CFD Simulation of CPU with parallel Plate Heat sinks for variable fan distance at KALASALINGAM University, Tamil Nadu. March 2011.
Publication in National Conferences
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Thermal analysis of CPU with heat sinks held at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan,Thermal Analysis of CPU with fins held at Nss College of Engineering, Kerala.
- R.Mohan and Dr.P.Govindarajan, Analysis of heat sinks for CPU cooling held at Paavai Engineering College, Namakkal.
- R.Mohan, Study of Buoyancy Driven Flow in Enclosed Furnace by Using Finite Difference Method held at Kongu College of Engineering.
- R.Mohan, Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer in a Square Cavity with a Fin on the Hot Wall held at Oxford Engineering College.
- R.Mohan, Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis of Heat Transfer in a Square Cavity with a Fin on the Hot Wall held at Jayam College of Engineering and Technology.
- R.Mohan, Design and Optimization of Forced Draft Fan Using Genetic Algorithm held at Jayam College of Engineering and Technology.
- R.Mohan, Study of Experimental Use of Hydrogen and Methanol as Primary Fuels in a Dual Fuel Engine held at Saurashtra University, Rajkot
- Certified ISO internal auditor
- SAE Coordinator
- Guiding UG students for Project works
- Student Advisor
- Lab in charge
- A/C in charge