Dr. A. JEGAN ME., PhD.,
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Sona College of Technology,
Tamil Nadu, India.
91 - 427 - 2443545, 4099999 Ext: 4099716
||Year of Passing
|1|| Ph.D (Mechanical Engg) || Anna University, Chennai. || 2014 || Commendable|
|2|| M.E. (Engineering Design.) || Anna University, Chennai. || 2008 || First Class|
|3|| B.E., (Mechanical Engg.) || Periyar University, Salem. || 2002 || First Class|
Area of Interest
- Electroplating, Nanocomposite Coatings, Optimization.
Academic and Professional Honors
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Inter National Journal reviewer for Journal of Science and Engineering of Composite Materials.
||Name of the Organization
||Period of service
|1||Sona College of Tech, Salem || 23-12-2002 || 30-11-2009 || Lecturer|
|2|| Sona College of Tech, Salem || 01-12- 2009|| 30-11-2011 || Senior Lecturer|
|3|| Sona College of Tech, Salem || 01-12-2011 || 31-12-2012 || Assistant Professor(Sr.G)|
|4|| Sona College of Tech, Salem || 01-01-2013 || 31-01-2019 || Associate Professor|
|5|| Sona College of Tech, Salem || 01-02-2019 || Till Date || Professor|
- Jegan, A& Natarajan, S 2017, ‘An under-actuated finger mechanism with motion and force augmentation capability’, 4287/CHE/2015 dated 17-08-2015. Date of Publication 24/02/2017 – First examination report submitted(FER)
- Jegan, A& Natarajan, S 2017, ‘Under-actuated finger mechanisms for space and prosthetic applications’, 5219/CHE/2015 dated 30-09-2015. Date of Publication 31/03/2017 -First examination report submitted (FER)
- Received a sanction letter from AICTE MODROBS (2019) Project proposal with the cost of Rs 7.5 lakhs
- Submitted a project proposal in the DST Nano technology with the cost of 25 lakhs
- Two project proposals submitted in the SERB – The status of the proposal is not recommended.
- Jegan A& Venkatesan R. ‘Characterization and optimization of pulse electro deposition of Ni/nano-Al2O3 composite coatings’,International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 479, 2013. (Sci Journal)
- Jegan A Venkatesan R &Arunachalam, RM 2013, ‘Mechanical properties of Ni-nano-Al2O3 composite coatings on AISI 304 stainless steel by pulsed electrodeposition’, Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater.vol.23, no.3. pp.n351-358. (Sci Journal)
- Jegan A Pulse electro deposition of Ni/Nano-Al2O3 Composite Coatings on Cast Iron Cylinder Liner, Materials Research, 21, 03, 01-Jun-2018 (Sci Journal)
- Natarajan, P, Jegan, A& Sankar Ganesh, S, ‘Development of numerical model for predicting the characteristics of Ni-SiC nano composite coatings on AISI 1022 substrate’, Materials Research Express, vol.6, no.8. (2019) (Sci Journal)
- Natarajan, P, Jegan, A &Mohanraj, M, ‘Wearbehavior of Ni-TiO2 nano composite coating on AISI 1022 CS by pulse electrodeposition’, Journal of New Materials for Electrochemical Systems, vol.23, no.3, pp.177-181(2020) Sci Journal)
- Shathishkumar, JS & Jegan, A, ‘Assessment on the microhardness and corrosion resistance characteristics of Ni-SiC and Ni-MWCNT coatings by pulse reverse electrodeposition technique’, Mater. Res. Express 7 (2020) 055012, (Sci Journal)
- Shathishkumar, JS & Jegan, A Tribological Investigation of NickelNanocomposite Coated Piston RingsReinforced with Multi-Walled CarbonNanotubes, International Journal of Electrochemical Science, (Accepted) Sci Journal
- Srivathsan, R., Karthick Venkatesh, G, Arunachalam, RM, Jegan, A & Prasanna Kumar, J 2010, ‘Development of Nano Crystalline Nickel Coating for Engineering Applications’, Key Engineering Materials, vol. 443, pp. 487-492.(Scopus)
- Suresh V, Jegan A, Mohan R, Mahendran A, Gokulanathan L, Experimental Study of Heat Transfer Rate In A Stainless Steel Heating Element Using Nano Coating, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.10.366 , Materials Today: Proceedings. (Scopus)
- Suresh V, Jegan A, Microstructure,mechanical and triological characteristics of plasma and HVOF sprayed Cr3C2-PS.ZrO2 coatings- Materials Today 33, Part 1, 2020, Pages 1137-1143(Scopus)
- L Gokulanathan, A.Jegan, V.SURESH, A.MAHENDRAN. ‘Microhole drilling of Aluminium 6063 using electrochemical micromachining’, Test Engineering and Management Journal, ISSN: 0193-4120 Vol. 83, Issue, 12, pg no: 11757-11765, May-June, 2020.(Scopus)
- L.Gokulanathan, A.Jegan, ‘Electrochemical Micromachining of Titanium Alloys-A Review’, Test Engineering and Management Journal, ISSN: 0193-4120 Vol. 83, pg no: 11766-11781, May-June, 2020. (Scopus)
- A Mahendran, A. Jegan& M Srinivasan, Design of fatigue Analysis of wind mill gear box , International Journal of Scientific Research And Innovations, 5, V, Page 17 - 24, 01-Jul-2018.
- A Jegan, Surface Modification Of Mild Steel by electro deposition Process With Ni-Zro2 , Advances In Natural and Applied Sciences, 9, 10, Page 49 - 53, 01-Jun-2016(Scopus)
- S Natarajan, A Jegan& R Vivekananthan, Grasp force Analysis of An Under actuated Robotic Finger with Spring Force Augmentation, International Journal Of Printing, Packing & Allied Sciences, 4, 6, Page 4,827 - 4,835, 01-Dec-2016
- B Srivijai, A Jegan, M Babu & B. Iniyaraja,Experimental on Conventional Metal Cutting- Understanding the Roles Played by various Cutting Parameters Tool Material HSS, Indian Journal of Scientific Research, 20, 2, 01-Mar-2018.(Scopus)
- C Thangavel, A Jegan& M Saravanan, Static structural and dynamic properties Examination of Savonius VAWT Blades made of aluminum using Ansys, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, 9 -4 Feb 2020.(Scopus)
- C Thangavel, A Jegan& S Natarajan, A Study of selectively deformable structure of wing of an aircraft, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29, 7, (2020) pp. 12191-12204(Scopus)
- C Thangavel, A Jegan, Performance analysis of aircraft morphed wing with NACA0021 Airfoil, Journal of the Balkan Tribological Association, 26, 2, (2020) pp 428-440.(Scopus)
- A. Mahendran,Dr.A. Jegan,L.Gokulanathan, V.Suresh, Design and Development of Non Intersecting Gear Mechanism by Forced Ball Drive, The Mattingley Publishing Co., Inc.ISSN: 0193-4120, 83, 11726 - 11730(Scopus)
- Srivijai B &Jegan A. Effect of sintering temperature on (HSS-TiC) cutting tool life enhancement for Cast Iron Machining, TEST engineering & Management, 11922-11930, May- June 2020
- Srivijai B, Jegan A, Review and Experimental on combination of FE-PCL3 nanoparticles by machnochemical dispensation with ball milling, Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, September 2108, 3, 158-164
- Jegan, A, Venkatesan, R, Deepak Kumar, M & Manjunath, M 2013, ‘Mechanical Properties and Microstructure Assessment of Ni - nano Al2O3 Composite Coatings on Piston Rings by Pulsed Electro deposition’, International conference on Energy Efficient Technologies for Sustainability, ICEETS-2013.
- A Jegan, Microstructure Assessment of High-Energy Ball Milled Nano SiC Particles , International Conference on Recent Advances in Technology, Engineering and Science., Department of Mechanical Engineering, 28-Jul-2016, 27-Jul-2016.
- A Jegan, Design and Fatigue Analysis of Wind Mill Gear Box, International Conference on Scientific Research and Innovations (ICSRI), Chennai Institute of Technology and Atalon Product Centre Private Limited, 07-Apr-2018, 06-Apr-2018
- A Jegan, Synthesis and characterization of Ni-TiO2 nano composite coating on Inconel 617 by pulsed electrodeposition using RSM optimization, International Conference on Future Generation Functional materials & Research (ICMR-2020) Pace Institute of Technology&Sciences, Valluru, 12-14 March 2020.
- A Jegan, Smart electrolyte filtration and drain system with discharge measurement, an international virtual conference on applied science, technology management and language studies(ASTMLS – 2020) on 11th and 12th December 2020
- Jegan, A 2008, ‘Analysis of tool edge radius effect in machining of Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics (GFRP) composite materials: A FEM simulation approach’ National conference on Application of Emerging Technologies-2008.
- Jegan, A 2012,‘Influence of pulse parameters on the micro-structure and microhardness of pulse electrodeposited Ni/nano Al2O3 composite coatings’, National conference on Innovative research on new Technologies (IRONS 2K12).
- Jegan, A 2012,‘Mechanical properties of Ni-nano Al2O3 composite coatings by pulse electro deposition’, National conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (NCAME -2012).
- Jegan, A 2013,‘Study of microstructure and microhardness of Ni/nano Al2O3 composite coatings on cylinder liner by pulsed electro deposition’, National conference on Technological Advancements in Mechanical Engineering (TAME – 2013).
- A Jegan, Optimization of Pulse Electro deposition and Ni-Sic Nano Composite Coatings Using Response Surface Methodology, NCME 2018, Sona College of Technology, 02-Mar-2018
- A Jegan, Surface Morphology and Wear Behaviour of Ni-Sic Nano Composite Coating by Pulse electro deposition, NCME 2018, Sona College of Technology, 02-Mar-2018.
- A Jegan, Comparative Experimental Evaluation of Nickel and Copper Alloy by Using Micro Electro Chemical Machining Setup, NCME 2018, Sona College of Technology, 02-Mar-2018.
- A Jegan, Improving the corrosion and wear resistance of AZ91 Magnesiom alloy by pulse electro deposition of Ni-Si3N4 nano composite coating. Nov 29-30, 2019 GCE- Bargur
Seminar / Workshop/ Conference Participation
- Attended one day workshop on ‘Renewable Energy Sources’ 22th Aug 2006 organized by Sona College of Technology, Salem. Tamilnadu, India
- Attended one day National workshop on statistical tools and strategies for research scholars during 26th June 2009 organized by Sona College of Technology, Salem. Tamilnadu, India.
- Attended one day training on ‘Rapid Prototyping ´ Conducted by Department of TIFAC-CORE IN PRODUCT DESIGN 30th Oct 2009 at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. Tamil nadu, India.
- Attended two days ISTE regional conference 2009 on ‘Strategies for enhancing research in technical institutions’ organized by ISTE-New Delhi, ISTE-TN &P section and Sona College of Technology Salem-5 during 13-14 of November 2009.
- Attended two days Indo-German workshop on ‘Advanced Precision Engineering & light weight structures’, organized by PSG College of Technology during 30th Nov. &1st Dec 2009
- Attended three days course (25-27th Feb2010) on “Synthesis and Characterization of Nano Materials” at KLEF University, Guntur Andhra Pradesh during 25th to 27th Feb 2010,
- Attended two days National workshop on Surface Engineering (SURE’10) organized by Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Annamalai University, 9-10, April 2010 Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Annamalai University
- Attended Two days national workshop on ‘Nano Materials and its Applications NANOMAT 2010’ organized by Department of Manufacturing Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy Campus, Anna university Chnnei-25 during 20th & 21thSep, 2010.