Selection of the candidates
The peer teachers’ selection shall start during the first week of the start of the semester.
- Invite nominations from the students
- Shortlist them based on the criteria; CGPA / +2marks for 1st year > 7.5 or 70%
- The head of the department shall form a selection committee comprising the CCs, 2 Senior Professors / Asso. Professors
- Interview shall be conducted to select the peer teachers based on the following parameters: Communication (both in English and Tamil) Subject knowledge Willingness to self-learn Willingness to stay back after 5 pm Attitude of helping their friends
- The list of selected candidates shall be sent to the office of Principal and Dean Academics along with their register no, year, section, photographs, contact number and email id.
Once the peer teachers are selected, they can work in the following areas:
- Reinforce important concepts to their class mates
- Teach problems
- Assign 5-10 slow learners to each of the peer teacher and give them the targets such as showing improvements in scoring marks, clearing examinations, helping them in solving assignment problems and helping them in labs
- Allocate junior students or their class mates who have arrear in courses during the previous semester and help them to clear the course. Specific targets shall be given to them.
- Train technical, aptitude and soft skills during the placement training and drives
- The number of hours spent by the peer teachers shall be taken note of by the respective CCs or the Peer Teacher Coordinators.
- Randomly three feedbacks shall be taken from the students (few or all depending on the group allocated) on the effectiveness of the peer teachers.