Department of IT Congratulates Mr.Avinash Ram of final year, IT for successfully completing an internship programme working on the title “Bush Fire Precautions and Resource Allocation using AI and IoT” from 11th to 24th December 2019 @ Swinburne University, Australia.
One step door to attain excellence at SONA is brought to light through the summer immersion program opportunity at Australia seized by our students. In this light, sona college, being best engineering college, is one in thousand in the entire nation to be bestowed the opportunity recognizing the talent of our students.
The fame is conferred by our own students Avinash Ram, B.Tech., IT 4th year, and Hari Hara Sudhan, B.E., EEE 3rd year. This Foreign technical training program on BushFire Precautions and Resource Allocation Using AI and IoT, and Automated Irrigation System is provided by SwinburneUniversity, Australia during December 2019.
Professor Ajay Kapoor, Pro Vice-Chancellor (International Research Engagement & Development), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia and Vijay Subramanian, Swinburne University Research visited Sona on 2nd January 2020 to strengthen the ties between the two institutions Swinburne and Sona
- To collaborate in offering programs related to nourishment of teaching-learning process at Sona
- To pursue joint research projects and to promote faculty and student exchange programs
- To organize and conduct joint conference, seminars, workshops, short-term courses and meetings
- To organize outreach programme in the frontier research areas and joint publications
- A lush greenery plants with blossom bringing solace to the eyes and enhancing the carbon footprint at the GREEN BUILDING of Sona Campus
- An entirely GREEN FOLIAGE on the Rooftop/Terrace of SONA CAMPUS at Zero to minimal Water management technique and reduced maintenance
- Yet another step to increase the coolness of the building and environment is made at SONA with minimal maintenance, reduced volume of irrigation, zero damage to the rooftop only with a look and feel of greenery amongst the scholastic buildings
I saw a pretty girl, obviously a visitor to SONA, awestruck and standing like a statue. She remained so until I approached her and asked, “What do you see?” Words came from her like a downpour:
I see the tall and broad trees. I see the green lawns and beautiful pavements
I see the gardens carved out aesthetically. I see the distant hills garlanding SONA
I see the majestic entrance of a poetic grandeur. I see grace and gaiety all around
I see Professors lecturing in a sonorous voice. I see words of wisdom written all around.
I see impressive paintings that inspire. I see the library with knowledge at your fingertips.
I see the laboratories with intense activity. I see spacious lecture Halls congenial for learning.
I see the SONA Auditorium reverberating with a lecture. I see lilting music arriving from SONARIA
I see the sports ground with athletes all around. I see the Hostels homely and hospitable
I see the sparkling swimmingpool. I see Peace in the Meditation Hall
I see intense thinkers surpassing Plato and Aristotle. I see vigorous people in action
I see students browsing the Internet with concentration.
I see devoted researchers applying for Patents
I see the happy faces of students placed distributing sweets. I see students eager to join SONA.
I see a tender breeze touching my cheeks.
I see, I see. I see many more magnificent things. The best of them all is:
I see the Pride of being at SONA in all!
Congratulation Mr.Iniyan (I – Fashion Technology ) for securing a rural national gold medal in archery at the RGBI Federation Cup National Rural Games championship 2019 in Munnar, Kerala .
Sona men team secured Runner-Up position in the state level Anna University Interzone tournament for boxing.