Electronics & Communication Engineering(PG)
- Faculty Information
- Lab Facility
- University Rank Holders
Electronics and Communication Engineering (PG)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering –PG is functioning separately with effect from May 2006. The department has achieved many laurels and milestones in short span of time. The first batches of two PG Programs – ME in Communication Systems and ME in VLSI Design were admitted in 2005 with intake 18 each. Subsequently, both the programs have got NBA accreditation. The intake for ME –VLSI Design is recently increased to 30 from 18. The student projects have won many awards at national level. Research work undertaken by students and faculty have produced many high quality publications in journals with impact factors and quality conferences at national and international level. It is considered among the best departments in the college. The department has achieved 100 % placement and 100 % university results nearly all the times. The students have got 6 university ranks which includes 2 Gold Medals. Many of the students have received GATE scholarship of Rs 8000 per month through AICTE. Research work is undertaken in many frontier areas of Electronics, Communication, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems. AICTE has granted so far Rs 23.31 Lakhs under various schemes such as MODROBS, RPS, Stipend etc. The courses offered are designed and updated regularly in tune with industrial requirements so that students are placed at priority positions. Faculty is highly motivated and involved in higher studies and research activities apart from their classroom teaching. The classroom teaching includes power point presentations, video lectures, edu-sat lectures and webinars etc. apart from guest lectures by industrialists and other experts. Department has library exclusively for two PG Programs with a total of 1016 volumes of books, 187 CDs with recorded lectures of renowned experts from IITs and other Foreign Universities. Additionally there are e-journal, hard journals and digital library subscriptions. The department is approved centre of Ph.D. program under Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore.
PROGRAMS OFFERED :
The department currently offers three programs at PG and Doctorate levels.
- M.E in Communication Systems
- M.E in VLSI Design
- Ph.D. under the faculty of Electronics and Communication Engineering
FACILITIES OFFERED :
The department is always driven to maintain high academic standards. Apart from the theory courses, a well designed and formulated laboratory work experience is offered to enhance students’ confidence in solving practical engineering problems. The department provides necessary resources in form of laboratory equipments, computing facility, net surfing, software and learned faculty to the students. The faculty is well verse with their specialization with strong attitude to impart knowledge to the student community. Their specialization includes VLSI Design, Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, Digital Image Processing, Medical Electronics and related software and hardware tools.
The mission of the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering - PG is to impart well advanced knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering and encourage undertaking innovative research and development to create new knowledge for practical solutions to the industry in particular and society in general. We strive to provide with all required resources and scholarship to the enrolled students to make them world class engineers and techno leaders for the benefit of societal development. We also create an environment to foster and instill attitudes, values and vision to the department community – students, staff, faculty and alumni - that will prepare them for lifetimes of continued learning and leadership in their chosen careers.
- To become world class department through publications, patents and intellectual asset in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To create innovative knowledge, research and development through diverse expertise of students, staff, faculty and alumni that serves needs of industry, government and society
- To become exemplary centre of excellence in higher education and research by disseminating our research work at national and international forums for peer exposure and professional standards of excellence in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To encourage department community for personal growth for the benefit of their own, department and college through updating with modern state of technology and maintaining focused current prominence in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To become financially self supported and growth oriented department