Science - Academic Excellence
Achievements (2017 – 2018)
- ISRO – Respond funded project entitled “Improvement in size uniformity of self - assembled InAs quantum dots on GaAs substrate by rapid thermal annealing” has been successfully completed by Dr. S. Saravanan, Professor of Physics and Centre Head for Photonics and Nanotechnology
- Dr. S. Saravanan has liaised with Japanese organizations to identify native Japanese teachers for teaching the language through the Sona Centre for Linguistics (SLIC). He is also in regular touch with HR organizations in Japan for student placement in Japan.
- 13 Sona students have been placed in Japanese companies located in Tokyo, Japan based on their Japanese language proficiency with a salary of 18.54 lacs per annum. One more student placed in a company located at TOKYO with a salary of 15 lacs per annum.
- Under the guidance of Dr. S. Saravanan, Professor of Physics and Head, Centre for Photonics and Nanotechnology (SONA PAN) a research scholar Mr. M. Balamurugan has completed his doctoral degree from Anna University, Chennai on 23rd March, 2018.
- Under the guidance of Dr. C. Shanthi Professor and Head, Department of Sciences, a research scholar Ms. R. Santhi has completed her doctoral degree from Anna University Chennai on 27th April, 2018.
- Dr. G. Shanthi, Assistant Professor of Chemistry emerged as Topper (Elite+Gold) in the NPTEL online course entitled “A Study Guide in Organic Retrosynthesis: Problem Solving Approach”, from January – April 2018 (12 Week Course)
- 21 NPTEL online courses were successfully completed with one Topper and 10 Elite categories by thirteen faculty members during 2017 -2018.
- Dr. M. Silambarasan, Assistant Professor of Physics received Best Oral Presentation Award in the BRNS (Board of Research on Nuclear Science) Sponsored National Conference on Nanomaterials – 2017 (NCN 2017), in the topic “Investigation of Frequency Dependent Dielectric Properties and Optical Applications of Silver-doped Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles”, held at Arignar Anna Government Arts College, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India, from 20th to 21st July 2017.
- Dr. M. Silambarasan, Assistant Professor of Physics, acted as Resource Person for the topic “Smart material-based radiation sources”, in the BRNS Sponsored “National Seminar on Radiation Exposure - Effects and Protection for Comprehensive Health Promotion” organized by the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA from 19th January 2018 to 20th January 2018.
- Dr. C. Saravanan, Asst. Professor of Chemistry received INSA (Indian National Science Academy) Visiting Scientist fellowship at IIT Guwahati for three months from June 2018 – August 2018.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing Board, Uthamacholapuram, Salem invited Dr. T. Maruthavanan, Dr. N. Panneer Selvam and Dr. C. Saravanan of Chemistry department to give Technical Lectures for Agmark Officers of Food Products Testing Laboratories, Tamil Nadu on 7th March 2018.