Professor / Sr.Dean (Information and Communication Engg.)
Head / Sona Network Computing Research Centre (SONANET),
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering,
Sona College of Technology, Salem, India – 636 005.
Experience : 25 Years
Phone: (+91) 427 4099741, (+91) 427 4099754
e-mail: usha[At]sonatech.ac.in, ushaanu[At]yahoo.com
|S.No.||Project||Name of Industry/ Agency||Faculty||Period|
|1||Securing Wireless IP networks against DDoS attacks||AICTE RPS||Dr .M. Usha
Prof. D. Balamurugan
|2||Smart Evaluation system||IIT-B sponsored||M. Usha,
|3||Modernizations of Multimedia RDBMS & Internet Programming Laboratories||Sona College of Technology, Salem||Prof.M.Usha||2007-09|
|4||Computer Integrated Neuro Surgical Tool||Academic||Prof.M.Usha||2003|
|5||A new scheduler for Linux||Academic||Prof.M. Usha
Prof. J. Akilandeswari
|6||Medical data Mining||Academic||Prof. M. Usha
Prof. B. Sathiyabhama
Prof. J. Akilandeswari
Mr. S. Saravanan
|2006 - 2008|
|7||Biological Sequence Analysis||Academic||Prof .M. Usha
Prof. B. Sathiyabhama
On going Projects
|S.No||Name of the project||Client||Faculty members involved||Academic year|
|1.||Design, Development and Maintenance of the web portal of Jindal South West (JSW) Salem works||Jindal South West (JSW), Salem works.||Prof. M. Usha, Professor/CSE
Prof. J. Akilandeswari, Professor/CSE
Mr. J. Dhayanithi, Lecture/CSE
|2.||Subject Expert for reviewing the Patent on “Overhead message and channel hashing method using the same” for LG Electronics, Indian Patent application||-||Prof. M. Usha, Professor/CSE
|3.||Study on Traffic survey using wireless sensor networks||Mukesh and associates, Salem||Prof. M. Usha, Professor/CSE
|4.||Computer assisted neurosurgical tool||Mohan kumaramangalam medical college, Salem||Prof. M. Usha, rofessor/CSE
Mr. S. Jaikanthan, Research Asst./CSE
Mr. S. Anand, Research Asst./CSE
Mr. K. Parthiban, Research Asst./CSE
|5.||Inventory system for management||Anaga garments||Prof. M. Usha, Professor/CSE
Mr. S. Jaikanthan, Research Asst./CSE
|6.||Website for resume posting||HR Dept. SCT||Prof. M. Usha||2006-07|
|7.||Bio-medical modeling||Dr. P. Palaniappan, Neurosurgeon|| Prof. M. Usha, Professor/CSE
Prof. B. Sathiyabhama, AP/CSE
Prof. J. Akilandeswari, AP/CSE
Mr. S. Saravanan, Lecture./CSE
M. Usha and T.S. Srikanth, “Computer System Architecture and Organization”, Wiley India Publishers Ltd, New Delhi, India, 2013. http://www.wileyindia.com/computer-system-architecture-and-organization.html
2. Refereed Journals
1. S. Sridevi and M. Usha, "Q-learning based fault tolerant routing with congestion control for Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, Volume : No.10, Issue No. :8 (2017), pp: 257-268
2. M. Usha and P. Kavitha, “Anomaly based intrusion detection for 802.11 networks with optimal features using SVM classifier”, Wireless Networks, Springer, May 2016, Volume 22, Number 4, pp 1-16, DOI: 10.1007/s11276-016-1300-5, Online ISSN 1572-8196.
3. M. Usha and , C. N. Vanitha , “Pruning Route Modifiers in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, March 2016, pp. 1-17, DOI 10.1007/s11277-016-3249-1, Print ISSN 0929-6212, Online ISSN 1572-834X
4. S.Sridevi, and M.Usha, “Energy Efficient Gateway based Multi hop Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, April 2015, Vol. 10 No.37, pp.27995-27971.
5. M.Usha , D.BalaMurugan, S.Chandrasekar, and M.Saranraj, “Hybrid Approach for Detection of DDoS Attacks in Ipv6 Networks”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, April 2015, Vol. 10 No.37, pp.27992-27999.
6. A.Prabhu, and M.Usha, “Non- deterministic finite automata to reduce time complexity in cloud virtualization”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, April 2015, Vol. 10 No.37, pp.28021-28025.
7. M. Usha, and S.Rajesh, “Secured routing by considering Energy, Security and Mobility with Intrusion Detection and Data fusion in MANET”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, April 2015, Vol. 10 No.37, pp.28045-28050.
8. Usha Mahalingam and Leela Manju.P, “Towards Building a GPS-free Tracking System on Toll Roads”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, April 2015, Vol. 10 No.37, pp.28056-28059.
9. M. Usha and K. Madhana, Analytical Characterization of WLANS for Quality-of-Service with Active Queue Management”, ICTACT Journal on Communication Technology, September 2014, Volume: 05, Issue: 03. pp. 970-976.
10. R. Sumathi and M. Usha, Setpoint Weighted PID Controller for the Electromechanical Actuator in Spacecraft, International Journal of Engineering and Technology IJET, Vol 6, No 2, Apr-May 2014, pp 929-938, ISSN: 0975-4024.
11. R. Sumathi and M. Usha, Pitch and Yaw Attitude Control of a Rocket Engine Using Hybrid Fuzzy- PID Controller, The Open Automation and Control System Journal, Vol 6, 2014, pp 29-39, ISSN: 1874-4443.
12. M. Usha and K. Madhana, “A Priority-Based Forward Error Correction Mechanism for Multimedia Transmission over Wireless LANs”, International Journal of Applied Research and Studies iJARS, Vol 3, Issue 5, 2014, ISSN: 2278-9840
13. M Usha and Prema Latha D, “Analysis of Key Management Schemes for Secure Transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of advanced studies in Computer Science and Engineering IJASCSE, Volume 3, Issue 5, 2014 , ISSN : 2278 7917
14. P. Kavitha and M. Usha, “Anomaly Based Intrusion Detection In Wlan Using Discrimination Algorithm Combined With Naïve Bayesian Classifier”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, April 2014. Vol. 62 No.1, 77-84.
15. S.Sridevi, G. Rumeniya , M. Usha, “ Energy- Aware QoS Based Routing Protocols for Heterogeneous WSNs: A Survey”, International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, ISSN: 1694-2108 | Vol. 11, No. 1. MARCH 2014, pp. 1-9.
16. S. Sridevi, R. Priyadharshini, M.Usha, “Survey of MAC Protocols for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Computer Science and Business Informatics, ISSN: 1694-2108 | Vol. 11, No. 1. MARCH 2014, pp. 67-79.
17. Ramakrishnan Sumathi, Mahalingam Usha, “An Adaptive PID Controller for Reinforcement of Carbon Steel:Performance Analysis using MATLAB Sim”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue 2, March -April 2013, pp.053-057.
18. A.S.Syed Fiaz, M. Usha and J. Akilandeswari,” A Brokerage Service Model for QoS support in Inter-Cloud Environment “, International Journal of Informatics and Computation Technology Research (IJICT), Vol.3, No. 4, pp 257-260.
19. D.Balamurugan, Jayaprakash S and M.Usha , “Analysis of Entropy Based DDoS Attack Detection to Detect UDP Based DDoS Attacks in IPv6 Networks, International Journal of Informatics and Computation Technology Research (IJICT), Vol 3, No 10,pp.25-28.
20. S. Sridevi and M. Usha, “Dynamic priority and fairness based congestion control framework for heterogenous WMSNs”, European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol 93, Issue 4, December 2012, pp 594-610.
21. R. Sumathi and M. Usha, ” Microstructure Development by Controlling Grain Size”, Journal of Computer Science and Control Systems, Vol. 5, No. 2, October 2012, pp 27-32.
22. S.Sridevi, M.Usha, G.Pauline Amertha Lithurin, “Performance Analysis of Priority based Congestion Control for Heterogeneous Traffic in Multipath Wireless Sensor Networks”, CiiT International Journal of Wireless Communication, Volume 4, No. 9, June 2012, pp. 482-487.
23. S.Sridevi, M.Usha, C.Arivazhagan, “Performance Evaluation of Quality Based Bidirectional Reliability Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, CiiT International Journal of Wireless Communication, Volume 4, No. 9, June 2012, pp. 506-512.
24. M.Usha, Indira Priyadharshini Masilamani, “Routing Protocol using Cross-Layer Technique for Wireless Ad Hoc Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol 30, No. 9, September 2011, pp. 43-48.
25. P. Kavitha and M. Usha, “Classifier Selection Model for Network Intrusion Detection Using Data Mining”, CiiT International Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Engineering, September 2011, pp.744-748.
26. M. Usha and R.S.D.Wahida banu,” A Proactive Mechanism for Quality of Service Control in High Speed Networks, International Journal of Business Information Systems, Inderscience Publishers,UK, pp. 312-327.
27. M.Usha, R.S.D. Wahida Banu, “A New Active Queue Management Mechanism in IP Routers to support Distributed Multimedia Applications”, Journal of Computer Society of India, Vol 36, No. 2, June 2006, pp. 27-32.
28. M. Usha, R.S.D. Wahida Banu, “A Scalable Jitter Management Scheme through a Scheduler with Timestamps”, Asian Journal of Information Technology, Vol 5, No.11, October 2006, pp. 1239-1244.
3. International Conferences
1. C. N. Vanitha and M. Usha, "Eliminating Route Modifiers by Pattern Synthesis Process in Wireless Sensor Networks", Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Communication and Network Security ICCNS'16, Singapore, ACM publications, 2016, pp 51-55
2. Premkumar Arumugam, and Usha M “Experimental Investigation of Signal Attenuation for Wireless Motes with the Mechanical Housing:, 2015 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI -2015) , Jan 8, 2015.
3. Viswanathan, V.; Arumugam, P.; Usha, M. "Smart packet: Experimental analysis in multi-hop network", International Conference on Embedded Systems (ICES), 2014, Page(s): 151 – 156.
Samlinson,E,and Usha, M. “User-centric trust based identity as a service for federated cloud environment “, Fourth International Conference on Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT),2013, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2013.6726636 , Page(s): 1–5.
4. Kavitha P and Usha M, “Detecting anomalies in WLAN using discrimination algorithm”, Fourth International Conference on Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT),2013 DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2013.6726547 , Page(s): 1 – 6.
5. Usha, M. , Jayabharathi, S. and Wahida Banu, R.S.D. , “RE-AODV: An enhanced routing algorithm for QoS support in wireless ad-hoc sensor networks“,International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), 2011, DOI: 10.1109/ICRTIT.2011.5972449 , Page(s): 567 - 571
6. Usha Mahalingam and Leela Manju.P , “Crowdsourcing Framework for Toll Plazas: Optimizing Delay at Toll Plazas “, 3rd International Conference on Eco-friendly Computing and Communication Systems,NITK, India, 18-21 December 2014 , pp 19-22, DOI 10.1109/ICECCS.2014.15
7. K. Madhana and M. Usha,” Differentiated QoS framework for video transmission over wireless LANs using push-out policy” , Advance Computing Conference (IACC), 2014 IEEE International, 21-22 February 2014, pp. 323 – 328.
8. S.Sridevi , M. Usha, G. Rumeniya, “A Novel Node Disjoint Multipath Routing Protocol For Qos Based Traffic In Wireless Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Advanced Computing, Control Systems, Machines and Embedded Technology, 2014, pp 773-784.
9. S. Sridevi, R. Priyadharshini, M.Usha, “Priority-Based Timeslot Assignment In Mac Protocol For Heterogeneous Traffic In Wireless Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Advanced Computing, Control Systems, Machines and Embedded Technology, 2014, pp 926-935.
10. S.Sridevi, M.Usha , “Towards a cross layer framework for improving the QoS of delay sensitive heterogeneous WMSNs” Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies(ICCCNT’13) , July 4 - 6, 2013, pp 16-20.
11. M. Usha, J. Akilandeswari and S.D. Fiaz, “ An efficient QoS framework for Cloud Brokerage Services “, International Conference ISCOS 2012, December 16-19, 2012, NIT- K, Surathkal.
12. S. Sridevi and M. Usha , “Taxonomy of Transport Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Information
Technology ICRTIT’11, MIT, Anna University, Chennai, and IEEE Madras Section, 3-5 June,2011, pp. 467-472, ISBN: 978-1-4577-0588-5.
13. M.Usha and B.Prabadevi, “Multi-sensor Video surveillance System with Sensor Fusion for Human Detection”, International Conference on Advanced Computing , Networking and Security ADCONS-2011, Vol.1, NITK Suratkal, 16-18 December 2011, pp. 37-45.
14. R. Sumathi and M. Usha, “Implementation of Controllers for Microstructure Development”, Proc. of First International Conference in Instrumentation and Control ICIC 2011, 2-3, Sep 2011, PSG College of Tech, Coimbatore.
15. M.Usha, KM.Shiva Ramesh, J.Akilandeswari, “Security Orchestration Framework for Private Cloud using modified UCONABCD model”, International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking and Security ADCONS-2011, Vol.1, NITK Suratkal, 16-18 December 2011, pp-270-275.
16. S.Sridevi, M.Usha, C.Arivazhagan, “Quality Based Bidirectional Reliability Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, 3rd International Conference on Trends in Information Sciences and Computing TISC-2011, Sathyabama University, Chennai, India, , 8th & 9th December 2011, pp 115-119.
17. S.Sridevi, M.Usha, G.Pauline, “Priority Based Congestion Control for Heterogeneous Traffic in Multipath Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI-2012), Sakthi College of Engineering, Coimbatore, India, 10-12 January 2012, pp 615-619.
18. B. Thanikaivel, M. Usha, K. Ravisankar and S.G.N. Murthy, “Studies using Wireless Sensor Network for Dynamic Measurement”, 7th International Conference on Trends in Industrial Measurements and Automation”, TIMA 2011, Jan 6-8, 2011, Chennai, pp. 375-381.
19. M. Usha and J.Dhayanithi, “A Framework for Technology Based Evaluation”, International Conference on Technology for Education, IITB, Mumbai, 1-3 July 2010, pp. 244-245
20. C. Arun, M.Usha, Puranik Prasantha, “ Next Generation Signal Abstraction Layer for Automatic Test Equipment”, proceedings of the International Conference on Digital Factory, ICDF 2008, August11-13,2008,Coimbatore, pp.930-934.
21. M. Usha, R.S.D. Wahida Banu, “Pushout Policy in Active Queue Management to Support Quality of Service Guarantees in IP Routers”, Tenth IEEE International Conference (IEEE ICCS 2006), Singapore, Oct 30-Nov 1, 2006, pp. 1-5
22.M. Usha, R.S.D. Wahida Banu “Towards a simple service class for distributed Multimedia Applications in next generation IP networks”, Proc. of International Conference PDCS ’05, September 12-14, 2005, Los Vegas, USA, pp. 161-166
23. R.S.D. Wahida Banu, M. Usha, M.Suganthi, N.Nithya, ”Intuition: An Intelligent Instructional Model for Web based Education”, Proc. of International Conference on Digital Aided Modeling, DAMS2003, January 6-8, Coimbatore, 2003.
1. Usha Mahalingam, Leela Manju.P, Harsha Annadurai, Murale Narayanan and Diwahar S, “A novel Use Case for Mobile Crowdsourcing:Toll Plaza Optimization”, National Conference on Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud NCSMAC, , April 2014,pp 61-66
2. Murale Narayanan , Usha Mahalingam, Diwahar S, Aswani Kumar.Ch , “Crowdsourcing – A Survey on Collective Intelligence in Action”, National Conference on Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud NCSMAC, April 2014,pp 67-69
3. M. Usha and J. Akilandeswari , “Blended Learning for Nation Building”, 28th Indian Engineering Congress, December 2013.
4. A.S.Syed Fiaz, M. Usha and J. Akilandeswari, “Enhancing Cloud Brokerage Services using Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)”, NAC-CISS 2013.
5. M.Usha and B.Prabadevi, “An Efficient Packet Aggregation System for Telemetry Data in Satellite Communication”, Proceedings of 26th Indian Engineering Congress 2011-Abstracts of Technical paper presentations, pp-64, 16-18th December 2011.
6. Dhayanithi J, Usha M, Saranraj M and Beena Marian, “Towards An Enhanced Learning Framework For Next Generation M-Learning Environment”, NAC-CISS’11, April 9,2011, pp.183-185.
7. Hariharan B Usha M and Archana Manojkumar , “A novel background modeling for vehicle identification in wireless sensor networks”, NAC-CISS’11,April 9,2011, pp.153-156
8. Kiruthika.S, Arun Sundaram.B, Usha.M, “Algorithm for Detection of Defects in Railway Tracks”, NAC-CISS’11, April 9,2011, pp 20-24
9. Shivashankar R, Balamurugan D, Chandrasekar S and Usha M, “Analysis Of Improved Packet Marking Algorithm For Ip Trace Backing To Detect DDoS Attack Source”, NAC-CISS’11, April 9,2011, pp.106-108.
10. K.Kavitha, S.Sridevi, M.Usha, “Improvement On TCP Throughputs Using Spatial Reuse For Multihop Wireless Networks”, NAC-CISS’11, April 9, 2011, pp. 89-93.
11. V.Sangeetha, S.Sridevi, M.Usha, “Performance Analysis Of Parallel Flows In Multi Channel Mesh Networks”, NAC-CISS’11, April 9, 2011, pp. 114-119.
12. Indira Priyadharshini M. and Usha M., “Highly Reliable On-Demand Multipath Routing Protocol using Cross Layer Technique”, 9th April 2010, Proc. of National Conference on Advanced Computing NCAC ’10, SASTRA Thanjavur, p.19
13. A.Saranya, M.Usha, C.Semmalai, “Local Route Enhancement Model for AODV in Wireless Ad-Hoc Sensor networks”, NAC-CISS 09, pp. 64-71.
14. M. Avanthi Rashmina, T. Belinda Aruldharshini, S. Nandhini and M. Usha, “Implementation of two-tier architecture in wireless sensor networks”, NAC-CISS 09, pp. 211-217.
15. Arun C., M. Usha and Puranik Prasantha, Proceedings of the Conference on Mobile and Pervasive Computing , CoMPC–2008,August 07–08, Chennai, 2008
16. S. Saravanan, P. Palaniappan, J. Akilandeswari, B. Sathiyabhama, M. Usha, “Clustering Patient Records through Fuzzy C-Means and Genetic Programming”, Proceedings of National Conference on Innovative Computational Intelligence & Security Systems on 02.02.07 and 03.02.07, pp. 261-266
17. N. Balakumaaran, M. Usha, B. Sathiyabhama, “Direct Comparison with Neighbourhood (DCN) Method for Efficient Biological Sequence Analysis”, Proceedings of National Conference on Innovative Computational Intelligence & Security Systems on 02.02.07 and 03.02.07, pp. 234-239
18. M. Usha, S. Nandhu, “Distributed Indexing for Load Balance and Fault tolerance” in the proc. of Third National Conference for research scholars on Application of Emerging Technologies organized by Adhiyamaan college of Engineering held on 29-30 March, 2006
19. M. Usha, P. Madhusudhanan, “ Jitter Management for Real time Communication in IP networks” in the proc. of Third National Conference for research scholars on Application of Emerging Technologies organized by Adhiyamaan college of Engineering held on 29-30 March, 2006
20. M. Usha, “Enhanced Quality of Service through Jitter Control for Next Generation Service Computing”, to be published in the Proc. of National Conference NCAC 2006 conducted by Dept. of Information Technology, MIT, Anna University, Chennai to be held from 10 th to 11 th of February 2006.
21. M. Usha, M. Somu, “Qos Support for Real Time Multimedia Applications”, Proc. of First National Conference on High Performance Computing, Vision ’05, April 08, 2005, Tirunelveli, pp. 360-367
22. M. Usha, G. Kumar, R.S.D. Wahida Banu,“Towards Dynamic Priority for Video Performance”, Proc. of National Conference on Computing, Communication, VLSI and Tele-Medicine NC 3VT ’04, Oct 30-31, 2004, Salem.
23. Catherene Swismitha, M. Usha, R.S.D. Wahida Banu, “A Flexible Real Time Scheduling Approach for Jitter Reduction in Soft Real Time System” Proc. of National Conference on “Multimedia Technologies and Applications” 9-10 July, 2004, pp. 198-207
24. G. Selvi, M. Usha “Identification of cast iron Microstructures using dual neural network model”, Proc. of NCRTM 2004, March 18-19, 2004
25. R.S.D. Wahida Banu, M. Usha, J. Akilandeswari, K.V. Uma, C. Semmalai , “SSRN: Scalable Scheduler for Linux Supporting both Real Time and Normal Processes” , Proc. of 38 th National Convention CSI 2003, Dec 11-13 2003, New Delhi.
26. M. Usha, “Intelligent Agent Based Systems and the Web”, Proc. of NCRTAC – ’02, 8-9 Feb, 2003, Tirunelveli, pp 61-72
|S.No||Degree||Institution/ University||Year||Subjects||Class and Percentage|
|1.||B.E||Madras University||1984||Electronics and Communication Engineering||I Class, 72%|
|2.||M.E||College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai||1994||Computer Science and Engineering||First class with Distinction, 75%|
|3.||Ph.D||Anna University, Chennai||2008||Information and Communication Engineering|
Supporting Distributed Multimedia Quality of Service in IP Routers
Ph.D. Students : 06
M.Tech/ M.E. students : 29
Higher level in Business English Certification (BEC) by Cambridge University.