Ms.Sathyapriya (2019 batch ) got offer in Must Garments, UK (Its Multi National Company) salary – 50K per Month with free Accommodation, Food , travel and other expenses.
- MHRD-Innovation Cell has certified our Institutions Innovation Council (IIC) with second golden star for the last 4 months performance. (The second star is awarded to selected colleges only.)
- Our IIC has secured the position in the mark range between 60% and 80% for our activities.
- Our IIC has been placed in star performer list of MHRD-IC.
SonaSPEED team has successfully realised and delivered 30 Nos of Duplex Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor to Avionics Entity, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), thiruvananthapuram after predespatch clearance by VSSC team.
If impeccable Grammar and the nuances of the English language intimidates you then there are ways to enhance English skills with effortless ease.
Tame English with a game – ” Give Me Five”
Step 1- Select an article from an English newspaper which evinces your interest.
Step 2- Use a marker pen to underline five interesting sentences
Step 3 – Underline difficult words, learn their usage and learn to speak the five points with impeccable English
SAMPLE FROM NEWSPAPER
FROM THE INDIAN EXPRESS DATED 6 AUGUST ’18
FIVE PERTINENT POINTS FOR THE GAME – GIVE ME FIVE
1. Discipline of engineering must remain relevant and institutions are very dependent on decisions taken by students in their formative years.
2.The road you take today will determine your future not just for the next few years but perhaps for the rest of the century.
3.Institutions and their achievements, over several decades, have been shaped by the trajectory they took in their earliest days.
4.India has changed technology and the very discipline of engineering has evolved.
5. The best scientific universities and institutions of learning are not teaching shops or degree factories.
The game can move on to next level and add on 2 points
6. Increasingly, institutions are sources of innovation and incubation of technology and technology driven start ups.
7.The knowledge ecosystem of public investments in Science, academic institutions and universities, research laboratories, commercial applications and private enterprise has an almost magic potential.
VOCAB BAG TO ENHANCE YOUR VOCABULARY FROM THE ARTICLE
Step1 – Select 10 words from the article:
Engineering, discipline, formative, shaped, trajectory, evolved, innovation, incubation, start ups, potential
Step 2- Use Merriam Websters dictionary to learn the word
Discipline : /dis-ci-pline/
Learn the pronunciation
Learn the meaning – control gained by enforcing obedience and order
Learn the uasge – The troops were praised for their dedication and discipline.
There is a real dearth of employability skills in many students today. Communication skills project a student’s personality in the real world. Students must learn the knack of interspersing strong technical knowledge with soft skills to emerge as a dynamic engineer.
Engineering students must understand that fluency in a language is directly the result of constant usage of the language. So speaking in English during class hours and break will facilitate the English skills in students.
This task is similar to MODEL UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCES WHICH ACT AS A CATALYST TO ENHANCE YOUNG STUDENTS’ JOB SKILLS TO TRANSFORM INTO GREGARIOUS PERSONALITIES.
Similarly, if engineering students do a thorough research of companies they want to join from the first year onwards, it will pave the way for them to reach their job destinations faster.
The task rules are as follows :
1.Students should be split up into groups
2.All groups will be assigned one reputed company or start ups
3.They have to do a complete survey of the company and present details in a grid.
4.With the points and targets to be achieved on the grid each student has to do a five minute presentation.
5.Interchange of ideas and plans will widen students’ perspectives about many companies.
Tasks for Engineering students to be continued.
Ms. Dharmalashri clears UPSC exam with all India rank 409.
Sona congratulates its alumnus, Ms. Dharmalashri (2012 batch – Fashion Technology), for her tremendous achievement.
Academic Mobility and Research opportunities to be explored in the following areas:
- NTU’s Advanced Textiles Research Group (Professor Tilak Dias) and SONAReach Research centre and Department of Fashion Technology
- NTU’s Department of Architecture Design and Built Environment and SCT’s Department of Civil Engineering (Dr Amrit Sagoo, Head of Department, Construction Management and Quantity Surveying)
- In the first instance, short-term student mobility opportunities to be explored through semester abroad and NTU’s Global Summer School. A progression agreement where SCT students receive Scholarships to pursue their Masters at NTU, once a curriculum mapping exercise is undertaken.
Joint / Collaborative Projects and Publications
Faculty visits for joint teaching