Prof. S. Sadagopan, Director, IIIT, Bangalore interaction with faculty members at Sona College of Technology, Salem.
We are delighted to announce that Sona has been accorded Recognition as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), New Delhi.
The Management, Directors and Principal congratulate Dr.S.Chandrasekar, Dean (R&D)/EEE and supporting staff members for their valuable effort in getting this recognition.
List of companies :
For Registration : Click here
Anna University, Chennai appreciates all the affiliated engineering colleges in Tamilnadu for the NSS activities and gives award every year. The award function for this year was conducted on 24.09.2016 which was presided over by Dr.P.Narayanasamy, Dean CEG & Member, Convener Committee, Anna University. Sona College of Technology received three awards for this year 2015-16. The award was given by Anna University Registrar Dr.S.Ganesan. The best NSS programme officer award was received by Mr. P. Iyyanar, AP (Sr.G)/IT, the best male NSS volunteer award was received by Mr. R. Venkatesh Final Mech, and the best female NSS volunteer award was received by Ms. P. Sumithra Final EEE.
Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Steel Shri Vishnu Deo Sai,inaugurated the training programme on Multi Skilled Garment Making at Salem Steel Plant, Salem on Thursday, the 22nd Sep 2016 in a function organised for this purpose.
The training programme is organised by Centre for Social Responsibility Initiatives, Sona College of Technology, Salem which was attended by Shri P K Misra, General Manager I/c, Salem Steel Plant and other senior officials, Dr M Usha, Principal, Sona College of Technology, staff of CSRI.
The Minister who spoke on the occasion said that he is very happy to note that Salem Steel Plant is organising such programmes for the benefit of women, particularly Differently-abled, in association with Sona College of Technology, Salem.
The Minister also distributed working kit to the participants along with the gift from Salem Steel Plant.
Shri P Raajah, General Manager, M/s B P International, Manufacturers and Exporters of Garments, the job provider to the participants after completion of programme also participated in the function and the Minister recorded his appreciation to Mr Raajah for the same.
SONA is the first engineering institution in India which introduced the Blackboard Learn software in the teaching learning process. Blackboard Learn 9.1 is the Virtual Learning Environment used at the Sona Group of Institution.
Blackboard provides access to learning materials and activities online. Students and faculty members of institution can access the Blackboard services from any location by using a URL: https://sonalearn.org. All that is needed to access Blackboard from outside the campus is a computer with internet access and trusted certificate installed in it. You can get the trusted certificate from the blackboard administration by submitting a request form.
Blackboard includes tools for:
- Organizing and publishing course materials
- Communication between tutors and students
- Collaborative working, including discussion forums, wikis, blogs and shared group areas
- Plagiarism checking on the submitted assignment
- In Built Math Editor to support the writing of mathematical equations
- Online assessments with automatic marking facilities
- Course administration such as calendars and task lists
- Tracking students’ online activities and course work submissions
Benefits of using Blackboard
Some of the benefits of using Blackboard are:
- Students can access reference materials, handouts, reading lists, web links and activities anytime, anywhere (as long as you have internet access if you stay outside the college otherwise you can reach to service using a http://18.104.22.168)
- Allows for web-based presentations and tutorials
- Aids discussions and collaborative work with other students (campus-based and Distance Learners) and tutors via discussion forums, wikis and blogs
- Facilitates the completion and submission of assignments
- Allows tracking and monitoring of students’ access and progress through the course
- Reduces the need for paperwork and printed handouts
- Content can be updated easily
- Provides an easy way to inform course members about course information, announcements and deadlines
For any queries related to using a SONA BLACKBOARD, you can reach us in the following
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: 0427- 4099749