One more feather added to the cap of Sona Group of Institution. To cater to the needs and expectation of Salem people, Sona Group of Institution has started Sona College of Arts and Science. The inauguration function was held on 16.11.2017. Chairman Mr. C. Valliappa, Vice Chairman Mr. Chocko Valliappa addressed the gathering and advised the students that they can celebrate learning at Sona.
The classes for the first year students commenced on the same day. Dr. M. Usha Principal Sona College of Technology, Dr. C. V. Koushik, Academic Director, Dr. V. Jayaprakash, Director Industry Connect Dr. V. Karthikeyan, Principal Thiagarajar Polytechnic College attended the inaugural function.
Sona bags loads of medals in Anna university boxing tournament held at Kumaraguru college of technology on 12th Nov. 2017.
1) 2 silver medals in women boxing
2) 4 bronze medals in men boxing
Anna University, Chennai appreciates all the affiliated engineering colleges in Tamilnadu for the NSS activities and gives award every year. The award function for this year was conducted on 25.10.2017 which was presided over by Dr.T.V.Geetha Dean CEG & Member, Convener Committee, Anna University, Dr.Madan Mohan Goel Director, RGNIYD and Dr.S.Ganesan Registrar, Anna University. Sona College of Technology received two awards for the year 2016-17. The award was given by Dr.Madan Mohan Goel Director, RGNIYD. The best NSS Programme Officer award was received by Mr. P. Jaya Prakash AP/IT, and the best female NSS volunteer award was received by Ms. A.Lavina Anitha, Final Civil. The Management, Directors, the Principal and all the HOD’s congratulate the award winners.
Programme officer award 1 among 12
Female volunteers award 1 among 10
Sona College of Technology organised Anna University Zone 8 Tennis Tournament at our campus on 4th September 2017. Sona team bagged the champions title in the tournament.
Sona College of Technology secured the Winners trophy in Anna University Zone Cricket tournament held at Govt college of engineering, Salem from 24th to 29th August 2017. 24 teams participated in the tournament.
SONA is the engineering institution in India which introduced the lecture Capture system in the teaching learning process. Lecture Capture systems is a Comprehensive Video-Based Learning Platform used in Sona Group of Institutions.
A Comprehensive Video-Based Learning Platform
Lecture Capture system is an automated audio-video recording solution for class room lectures. It provides access to classroom video lectures and activities in online. Students can access the recorded video lectures and other materials from anywhere through laptops, tablets and Android platform by using URL: a.impartus.com.
Lecture Capture System— Better Learning through Recorded class room Video lectures
Students can watch the missed/completed classroom recordings – anytime; anywhere; any place.
Benefits of using Lecture Capture system
- Students can access the video lectures anytime, anywhere (through internet access if you stay outside the college a.impartus.com. otherwise students can reach to service using a 172.21.1.2/impartus/login.aspx)
- Discover new types of curated content to supplement classroom lectures
- Collaborate, which improves comprehension
- Achieve a deeper and more current understanding
- Use tools for easy revision, asking questions and interacting with peers.
- Focus on understanding the class rather than taking notes
- Availability of all contents at one place
- Students can ask questions anytime through discussion forum.
- Follow People/ Topics – Follow people and topics to learn from them and take advantage of peer learning.
- Content Catalog – Content catalog has all the courses that are being taught in college on lecture capture platform.
- Heat Map – Check out which portions of the lecture are most exciting and are been watched the most!
For any queries related to using a SONA LECTURE CAPTURE SYSTEM, you can reach us in the following
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: 0427- 4099879