DELL campus drive on 26th Sep, 2017 for 2018 Batch at SONA premises.
SONA is the engineering institution in India which introduced the lecture Capture system in the teaching learning process. Lecture Capture systems is a Comprehensive Video-Based Learning Platform used in Sona Group of Institutions.
A Comprehensive Video-Based Learning Platform
Lecture Capture system is an automated audio-video recording solution for class room lectures. It provides access to classroom video lectures and activities in online. Students can access the recorded video lectures and other materials from anywhere through laptops, tablets and Android platform by using URL: a.impartus.com.
Lecture Capture System— Better Learning through Recorded class room Video lectures
Students can watch the missed/completed classroom recordings – anytime; anywhere; any place.
Benefits of using Lecture Capture system
- Students can access the video lectures anytime, anywhere (through internet access if you stay outside the college a.impartus.com. otherwise students can reach to service using a 172.21.1.2/impartus/login.aspx)
- Discover new types of curated content to supplement classroom lectures
- Collaborate, which improves comprehension
- Achieve a deeper and more current understanding
- Use tools for easy revision, asking questions and interacting with peers.
- Focus on understanding the class rather than taking notes
- Availability of all contents at one place
- Students can ask questions anytime through discussion forum.
- Follow People/ Topics – Follow people and topics to learn from them and take advantage of peer learning.
- Content Catalog – Content catalog has all the courses that are being taught in college on lecture capture platform.
- Heat Map – Check out which portions of the lecture are most exciting and are been watched the most!
For any queries related to using a SONA LECTURE CAPTURE SYSTEM, you can reach us in the following
Email id: email@example.com Contact: 0427- 4099879
Sona College of Technology, Salem signed up a Memorandum of Understanding with Universitas Ahmad Dahlan, Indonesia on 31st July, 2017.
The Pa Rektor (Rector) Dr. Kasiyarno, M.Hum and Mrs. Ida Puspita, Director International Affairs, Universitas Ahmad Dahlan, Indonesia had an interaction with Mr. Chocko Valliappa, Vice Chairman, Sona Group of Institutions on various aspects of collaboration.
The MoU was based on International Relations in terms of Research / twinning program / Faculty Exchange / Student Exchange / credit transfer programs.
Sona College of Technology conducted its Graduation Day-2017 on Saturday August 5th with pomp and show. The programme commenced at 10.35am. Principal Dr. M. Usha, delivered the welcome address and presented the graduation report.
Dr. K. Sivan, Director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, delivered the Graduation Day Address. In his address, Dr. K. Sivan said, “Students need a tool- knowledge, to face challenges and succeed in life and appreciated Sona for offering that tool adequately”. The Special Address was given by Dr. R. Jayavel, Director- Research, Anna University, Chennai. Dr. R. Jayavel said that if a person proves his or her intellectual capability with your creative ideas, he or she can achieve the challenges in life.
Chairman Mr. C. Valliappa presided over the function. Vice- Chairman Mr. Thyagu Valliappa addressed the gathering and introduced the chief guest, Dr. K. Sivan. Vice-Chairman, Mr. Chocko Valliappa, introduced the guest of honour, Dr. R. Jayavel, and addressed the gathering. The Chief guests distributed the certificates to 1471 graduates, 37 gold medalists and 19 Ph.Ds. The Principal administered the pledge and the graduates replicated the oath. The programme came to an end by 1.25pm.