I. a) SolidWorks Fundamentals
Basic concepts – Feature Manger design tree – Creating new documents and using templates – information about interface – Menus, View modes, Tools, etc.,
III. Part Features
Introduction to sketch – Interface – Sketch Tools – Add relations – Dimensioning – Importing 2D Drawings – 3D Sketching
IV. Reference Geometry
- Introduction to Part Features – Setting Units – Extruded/Cut boss/base, Revolved/Cut boss/base, Sweep & Sweep Cut, Loft, Type of Curves, etc.,.
V. Pick and Place Features
- Creating and using Planes (Through, Normal, Parallel, Offset), Axes (Normal, Through) - Local Coordinates systems – Sketch lines to construction geometry, reference points.
VI. Feature Operations
- Fillet/Round, Chamfer, Draft, Hole Wizard, Shell, Rib, etc.,
VII. Advanced Modeling Features
- Move/Copy bodies, Delete Solid/Surfaces, Split, Pattern and Mirror, Hide/Suppress, etc.,
VIII. Smart Tools
- Flex, Wrap, Deform, Dome, Indent, FeatureWorks (Add-Ins)
IX. Assembly Modeling
- Design Tables – 3D Sketching with Planes – 2D to 3D Conversions, Importing IGES files and Conversion from other software
X. Surface Modeling
- Design Methods – Bottom-up Design – Top-down Design – Adding assembly components – Mates – working with sub-assemblies, Simplifying large assemblies – Exploding an assembly views – Adding Materials, PhotoWorks
XI. Drawings and Detailing
- Extrude and Revolve surfaces – Swept surface, Lofted, Planer, Filled surface, Offset, Ruled Delete Face, Replace, Knit Surface, Extend, Trim, etc.,
- Drawing Modes – Setting Options – Opening and Creating a drawing – Sheet format – Standard views and Derived Views – Annotations – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing – Tables, General Tables, Bill of Materials (BOM).